[APP] - version 3.5.X+ (updated 12.12.2014)

Started by tramp20, December 12, 2014, 18:20:58

szebenyib

Quote from: Christian on January 09, 2015, 22:42:48
Natural process?
Do you believe in uniformity instead of diversity?
If I had apps looking all the same style it would be sad.... and boring. So please stay with your own design.

If I could choose, I would stay with the old design. First, I find it elegant, second if it is not broken don't fix it. But it's only me. :-)
  •  

Menion

Current design (old) - Holo from Android 4.0 + modifications

New design - Material + modifications

I never said that I wants to looks exactly same as all other apps. But new options in Android 5 offers few very interesting improvements and in 3.5.3 version I wasn't able to use it because of my too much complicated modifications. Beta version is now completely switched to new system and I believe, that changes aren't so visible :) (which was point)

And btw. I have uniformity!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
thanks for new testversion in new look ;)
QuoteIf i delete a attached picture from poi, close this poi and reopen it, the attachement is furthermore available.
This was also reported on G+
no answer, no improvement :(

# 45, please take a look on first screenshot of old post and compare it with attached screenshot.
Naming and date doesnt fit in new beta :(
facts:
Hidden/send to reviewer on 5.12.2014, see listing on top. Not puplished!
puplished 22.12.2014, see first log from reviewer
last modification by owner 28.12.14, see owner maintenance
last update by user 10.1.2015 by user/me

what means updated web 6.1.2015 and created 27.12.2015 ??
If this dates are clarified i can test sort options ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on January 10, 2015, 08:20:36
Current design (old) - Holo from Android 4.0 + modifications

New design - Material + modifications

I never said that I wants to looks exactly same as all other apps. But new options in Android 5 offers few very interesting improvements and in 3.5.3 version I wasn't able to use it because of my too much complicated modifications. Beta version is now completely switched to new system and I believe, that changes aren't so visible :) (which was point)
May be I misunderstood.  Expecting whole new design adapted from A5. ..
And btw. I have uniformity!
I will not marry you :o
  •  

szebenyib

I have seen it in more apps that one could change between light and dark theme. (I guess that it should be a built-in thing) Is that possible in Locus as well?
  •  

Menion

@balloni: thanks, I'll check it today

@Christian: sorry, I wrote "have"? ... I meant "hate" ;D

And really do not worry, I'll try to adapt some nice changes in Android L, but I also wants to keep Locus as unique as possible. For example, I was playing for some time with new styles of dialogs - http://www.google.com/design/spec/components/dialogs.html# . I tried to change style of dialogs in Locus to this new style, but after some testing, it was so unfriendly, I was missing top right cross (close button) so much, that I immediately return back to old good style of dialogs and I'm sure it will remain in this way :)

@szebenyib: it was not possible till now. Now it should be easier to do it then before - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/support_amoled
  •  

szebenyib

Voted, thanks! :-)
(Well, that topic does not really match it's title, if it were renamed to 'support a dark theme' maybe it could receive more votes.)
  •  

szebenyib

I was thinking about it, and how about just changing the blue color that is visible all around to something that looks the same as the color in the previous versions?
  •  

Menion

current blue color is very close to previous blue color. Only bigger difference in coloring is that top title bars are not grey as before (black, white strides) , but also blue
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on January 11, 2015, 06:42:23
@Christian: sorry, I wrote "have"? ... I meant "hate" ;D
There is still hope  8)

May anyone post a screenshot of the Material design please? Thanx.
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
the new menus are very bad to read (especially outdoor):

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hmm so you think darker texts should help? I'll check if it's globally possible to set different colors to texts, thanks.

And to all - has anyone AndroidPIT AppCenter APK application? I forget to keep last working version and it is not possible to download on their site now, damn. Thanks
  •  

Menion

I've fight with text colors for a whole day yesterday, but seems it will be OK in next version. I had in Locus quite complicated system for all theme settings, but it should be solved now. Thanks (maybe color still won't be ideal, so feel free to post screenshot with suggestion after test of next beta).

Also please excuse me on next two days. I'll be in office :). Little bit funny. We have new office in center of Prague and there is still no internet connection. So I'll be there for two days now, so in office, but out of internet. See you in the evening or thursday!
  •  

Christian

Uhh, new head quarter! A glass palace i guess. The longest and biggest cable for internet connection to the 225th floor has to be produced at first. ;)
Congratulations for new office!
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •