Glitched tiles on vector map

Started by curi0, December 26, 2014, 00:43:53

curi0

Hi guys, after I downloaded Japan's vector map (Honshu) using the latest Locus, I got this blank tile from Zoom Lv. 1 to 7. Some parts of the map also have weird tiles as you can see in the screenshots. The same things still happen even after I downloaded other areas such as Kyushu and Shikoku. So how to fix this?

Note: When I use the "World base map", the blank tile is not an issue anymore (although it's still there), but the other glitched tiles still persist.

•  

voldapet

Hi,
sorry for troubles and thank you for report. We've generated new vector maps for Japan and they are available in Locus store - please download it again (the version code is stil 2014-11-10) But there are still some weakness for level 9-11 we need to focus on in next months.

World map
this map is separated from standard vector maps and it should work properly. Maybe one question are you on the latest Locus version 3.5.3 ? There were some changes related with world map.
Thank you
  •  

curi0

Thanks for the reply. Yes, currently I'm on v3.5.3 and the world map is working fine on top of other vector maps, covering the part on that first screenshot.

Also, what do you meant by weakness? When they're fixed, will the maps version changed (and I need to purchase them again)?
  •  

voldapet

Huge amount of lines and points that has to be rendered in zoom-level 9 -11 this is weakness that complicate usage of vector maps. It's our task for the next year to prepare simplified vector maps for mentioned zoom-levels.Sometimes also some lines are missing for zoom-level 11 http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4263.msg33635#msg33635

New vector maps for Japan have the same version number 2014-11-10. For this reason you can download them for free. So open store > find the problematic japan map  and choose "Remove" after that start downloading again.
  •  

curi0

I see.. probably that's why it's kinda slow to render some "crowded" areas. Ok then, thanks a lot for your help!
  •