New vector maps for Locus - feedback

Started by voldapet, December 08, 2012, 16:32:32

voldapet

I guess that map and poi DB were downloaded correctly, am I right? It seems that there is something wrong with downloading of elevation *hgt files. Menion we'll check it
  •  

jusc

There are some problems with lower tiles. P.e.look at Northrhine Westphalia map in zoom level 11 or lower.

Regards J.
  •  

eldron

Am I the only one who is experiencing super slow loading times with the latest map of Germany from the locus store? All other vector maps (freizeitkarte, open andro maps) work fine and load a lot faster. I am using the same theme (locus hiking theme).
  •  

Christian

•  

Menion

are we talking about map from Locus Store 2014.11.10, latest Locus 3.5.2 and any internal theme?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

@jusc @menion
Yes. There is really issue with missing tiles. Have you remember the very old issue that some metatiles contains so much data that wasn't generated properly? I guess that this is the issue. I've tried to generate Northrhine-Westfalia again with different setting of zoom-levels but without success

•  

balloni55

i found also missing tiles, see video
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thanks balloni, it's same issue in all cases. We have increased size of tiles in new vector maps to 512x512 and seems they are in rare cases, too big to fit to available memory. I've increased memory limit on 4.0+ devices, so it will work for them in next version. 2.x devices, there is unfortunately no simple solution for now.
  •  

balloni55

sometimes i get no screen for "center new loaded map", see video map change "Badenwurttemberg /Bayern"
Mapcenter stay in Badenwurttemberg and no map is visible
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

@balloni55
would you please check the GPS coordinates where are you centered? I mean... are you somewhere inside the Bayern? Anyway I guess that it'll same issue as mentioned missing tiles?
  •  

balloni55

Hi Peter,
Quotecheck the GPS coordinates where are you centered?
as you can see in video, my grouped POI´s of Badenwürttemberg are displayed furthermore on white map, so display is centered to Badenwürttemberg. If i scroll east, or zoom out i see loaded map of Bayern
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I think this will be little bit different problem. Probably caused by incorrect check of bounding boxes of vector maps. Not so easy to fix now. I needs from Peter to update some special metadata in vector maps itself to improve this issue also. Hope it is not a big problem now. Zoom in should fix this right?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteZoom in should fix this right?
no, but it isn´t a big problem for me ;)
QuoteProbably caused by incorrect check of bounding boxes
perhaps i found one reason, hillshademap < ZL 9 couvers most area and also center of Badenwürttemberg, and so locus see no need to center Bayern?
See video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6ewuldutjl6qme/video_3.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

After downloading a map from store - there is no information to restart map manager because downlaoded map is not visible in list...

Menion

Hmm it's issue. It a shoukd work without restart

edit: hmm I'm unable to simulate it. Any specific map please? Thanks
  •