Add app to right bar doesn't work

Started by Gorkde, October 23, 2014, 15:05:46

gynta

QuoteI get no loading, I get an empty list instantly
that's the point... thx

Menion

Quite weird

1) you may try to create a log right after you try to add item to right panel, maybe it will contain something. How to: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log

2) you wrote "YOUR own service"? In this case, you may integrate Locus API (if you don't already have) and place you app directly into list of apps of Locus as native service

And last think .. I'm testing it on Nexus 7, where I watch almost all major nav/travel apps, so trust me, list of apps is really looooooong and it still work (10 seconds to load).

@Jusc: on one side, I understand you. On second side, Locus gives users more possibilities (as usually) to choose which part of app you want to start. So Locus offer all publicly available screens of all apps.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: gynta on November 08, 2014, 11:29:35
QuoteBut how can I find the app I want to add? Try all?  :o
choose what you need:

In my eyes it´s pure nonsense to add every inside part of an app to the right bar, because ther is no sufficient place to add one by one.  You get only one Icon on your home screen, why should you search for every part?
Example after tapping on main app youll get for example this:

@menion
Now if I want to add an app I have to sroll down hundreds of possibilities and to search for the right one.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: jusc on November 08, 2014, 12:59:08
Now if I want to add an app I have to sroll down hundreds of possibilities and to search for the right one.

Yes, that's how it works last ... hmm around 3 years.

In you case, it's special. Usually apps has one, two, sometimes three activities. In this case, I think it's badly coded that it offer all screens that exists in app ... but I got your point of course
  •  

Gorkde

Quote from: jusc on November 08, 2014, 12:59:08
Quote from: gynta on November 08, 2014, 11:29:35
QuoteBut how can I find the app I want to add? Try all?  :o
choose what you need:

In my eyes it´s pure nonsense to add every inside part of an app to the right bar, because ther is no sufficient place to add one by one.  You get only one Icon on your home screen, why should you search for every part?
Example after tapping on main app youll get for example this:

@menion
Vut that what other want once an App offers you to start it at specific screens!

You have to scroll once to add so this can not be such a huge problem.
  •  

Gorkde

Quote from: menion on November 08, 2014, 12:47:28
Quite weird

1) you may try to create a log right after you try to add item to right panel, maybe it will contain something. How to: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log

2) you wrote "YOUR own service"? In this case, you may integrate Locus API (if you don't already have) and place you app directly into list of apps of Locus as native service

And last think .. I'm testing it on Nexus 7, where I watch almost all major nav/travel apps, so trust me, list of apps is really looooooong and it still work (10 seconds to load).

@Jusc: on one side, I understand you. On second side, Locus gives users more possibilities (as usually) to choose which part of app you want to start. So Locus offer all publicly available screens of all apps.
Ok just did check 2 things

1) it shows loading a split second but then disappears instantly and does show an empty select list. No way it can gather the apps in that time.
So probably its a kind of memory overlow or access problem or similar.

2) I'm using a custom rom (Phoenix 9.4) which is using a memory swapping script from XDA which causes no problems in other apps but to make sure I did disable the script and found it isn't the cause of the problem.

So this must really be a locus problem in any way.

And no I didn't write my own api (don't know if you meant me).
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Gorkde on November 08, 2014, 14:22:56
may you please check the first point...

Gorkde

Quote from: gynta on November 08, 2014, 15:09:42
Quote from: Gorkde on November 08, 2014, 14:22:56
may you please check the first point...
Just sent to support.locus@asamm.com
  •  

jusc

Quote from: Gorkde
Vut that what other want once an App offers you to start it at specific screens!

But  large number of offered apps seems to be the problem, that sometimes the app list is empty, for people which have installed a lot of apps on their phone. ;)
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: jusc on November 08, 2014, 20:31:31
Quote from: GorkdeVut that what other want once an App offers you to start it at specific screens!
But  large number of offered apps seems to be the problem, that sometimes the app list is empty, for people which have installed a lot of apps on their phone. ;)
' don't think so. I have tested also with small amount of apps - same problem.

@Menion
see dropbox (logfile and new clip)

Menion

Uff this one was quite complicated.

@Gorkde, thank you for your email, it helps. I found an issue in one function used for obtain list of applications. And it really crash on amount of apps. Unfortunately my cca 200 installed apps isn't enough and I don't want to spend afternoon by install of additional 400 apps so you'll have to check new version, if it works.

Together with this, I've improved list of apps, so now Locus offer only same apps as you see in your home launcher. You may anyway switch to full list by top button. And expect, that on this full list, app crash again and return 0 apps. Anyway basic list should work fine for now.
  •  

Gorkde

No problem, send me a link to the download please, thanks for your effort!
  •  

Menion

it will be in Beta version during next days ... as usually
  •  

Gorkde

It's working in the latest beta.

Took me some time to figure out how to get it, since there is no registration link in the group as it should
  •  

Menion

good to hear it. And registration - there should be visible step-by-step manual on a right side of Google+ page. But agree it's not perfect.
  •