[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

tramp20

Quote from: menion on September 13, 2014, 18:56:21

New BETA version is out. Backup your data, rather. And don't kill me for a surprise in track list ;).

Thank you, I like it as I only use track recording.

You announced this beta with a hint to backup database, I would be helpful to say too that the actual pro version can use this database after updating the beta.
I was a  little concerned about it but I see no difference till now.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

MichaelZ

The new track screen is great !!! It is worth a new subversion number...

Though I have three remarks.
a) On the track list the preview is not seen before the track has been opened. Would it be possible to create it in the background? I know that Android is quite poor in multitasking (multithreading probably not possible?) but probably it could be done.
b) When the track has been opened the track preview is partially hidden. Is my low resolution device the problem?
c) When the track has been opened one track preview doesn't have a map underlay

Even on a low-low-performance device (Samsung Gio) the track preview works smooth.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
  •  

Menion

@tramp: database in BETA version for tracks, was little bit updated (because of need to store small track overviews). So I was just worried, in case there should be any problem with it. But seems that all works correctly. And yes, updated database is backward compatible with "older" Locus Pro, there should be no problem.

@Michael: thanks for a feedback!
1) I was thinking about it a lot. It's not a problem of multitasking. But imagine you import 100+ tracks from any GPX file. Every generating of overview may consume quite a lot of time now (maybe up to 2 seconds based on device), so you should have for almost 3 minutes running some crazy task on background that will generate small maps for tracks, even if you don't need it. On second side, imagine you have empty database. Then every recorded track, every manually created track directly in Locus, will have this overview automatically generated, because you always have to display screen with track detail. So I generally this, that some automatic tool that will generate overview is not needed.

2) do you mean hidden behind the green bottom strip with track name?

3) sorry, issue in Locus. Will be fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
1. in track "information tab" the "puzzle icon with ?" has no function/content
2.if i activate "autozoom" (pers.map or vectormap) while hike and "guide to" a POI the map disappears and my position is not centered, i have to zoom to get the map back for a short time.
View My Video
3. in trackfolder/screwdriver i see "load tracks" what is the benefit of this button? I can select each track one by one, or select all, to display them on map.

QuoteI read everything and appreciate every response
i belive it :)
but sometimes you give no answer, and so we do not kow as you thinking about :-[
e.g.
QuoteThere is major problem with scroll of tabs and scroll in chart

one idea, default setting: user can scroll over all tabs, scroll in chart is possible after longclick on chart.
and
Quotefeaturewish: possibility to mark a "Lap interval" and display selected part highlighted/other color on track

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

szebenyib

Quote from: menion on September 14, 2014, 13:27:33
Then every recorded track, every manually created track directly in Locus, will have this overview automatically generated, because you always have to display screen with track detail. So I generally this, that some automatic tool that will generate overview is not needed.

Yes, I know, people would be shocked if Locus stopped responding because of this. However a menu item above load tracks for generating missing track info for selected tracks would be nice.
This way the user knows that it will take a long time (possible confirmation dialog), but he will be able to see his tracks filled up with info instead of question marks.
Maybe Locus could offer this once for all the tracks when this update comes.

Thanks for the button merge!!! 8-)
  •  

Menion

@balloni: you're correct. Usually if I don't have clear opinion on something, I wants to take some time. And sometime (usually) happen, that I forget to answer, sorry :).

1) puzzle icon - it has same purpose as in points screen - contain 3rd party apps. In this case, there should be only Google Earth if is installed. Have to remove this button in case, there is nothing to display. Thanks

2) autozoom - hmm interesting. I found one minor problem with zooming, so hope it will be related to this issue

3) It's because of this - http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/track_multi_selection_delay_destroys_snappy_user_interface . I'm thinking about joeloc topic and how to make it work. This was for now easier solution. Don't know yet if this is really useful or it's waste of button ...

- long-click on chart - sorry, cannot agree. Long-click is by me an pure evil. On mobile devices :). Currently I don't think that current solution is a big problem (it worked in same way before) and usually when I something leave be for a while, some idea comes ...

- highligh of lap on map - I'm aware of this idea - http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/kfiph8nrhsk2j#comment-12221

@szebenyib: hmm another button ... I'm still not confinced, this is really needed :), have to think about it more ...

•  

silber1

Great tracking view. Could it possible to ad true tracktime in the x-axis of hight diagramm and not only the lap-time?
  •  

MichaelZ

Quote from: menion on September 14, 2014, 13:27:33

2) do you mean hidden behind the green bottom strip with track name?

Yep, that's what I meant.

edit
I forgot to mention one thing this morning. I have absolutely no idea if and how the following could be realised, but usually menion has it.

When I click in the track list on the track thumbnail preview and open the track details and then click on the track preview the track is shown on the big map. Would it be somehow possible to go back to the track list to view a next track without going through Options - Data - Tracks - Folder?

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
  •  

Menion

@silber1: may you please describe it to me little more? Because unfortunately I don't understand what you mean.

@Michael: hmm and is really a problem that track is hidden behind semitransparent green strip?

about tapping - you want the same as when you click on 'back' button or top left 'home' button in action bar right? So why don't use any of these two options? :)
  •  

MichaelZ

Quote from: menion on September 15, 2014, 07:56:03
@Michael: hmm and is really a problem that track is hidden behind semitransparent green strip?

No, not a real problem, of course. But on the first track I opened, the target area was not easy to recognize and the city Name not really readable. So I immediately had the feeling that there is something wrong.
Of course your approach saves space and I only have a small Display. Probably you could increse the transpareny a little?

about tapping - you want the same as when you click on 'back' button or top left 'home' button in action bar right? So why don't use any of these two options? :)

Hmmhhh. When I tap the back button (the one on the device) I'm asked if I want to close Locus.
The action bar is the one at the bottom? There I don't have 'home', but from left Moving Map, Orientation of Map, Zoom In and Out, Lock. Is device Resolution to low for further button(s)?

Many Greetings
MichaelZ
  •  

Menion

oki, opacity was 85%, so I'll reduce it to 75%. We'll if this helps.

About back button - interesting. Check my screenshot. Two red areas on my screen leads back to list of tracks. Top panel is called "action bar" and it should work on all devices. Bottom button is visible on screen only on devices without hardware back button, anyway functionality should be same. So if you press "Back" on this screen, Locus should always just hide this screen and not offer "Do you want to close Locus". Weird.

Anyway are we talking about - Data manager > tab Tracks > in list of all tracks in folder, tap on any track > Track detail screen. And from here you want to simply return back one step to list of tracks right?

•  

MichaelZ

I was going one step further and had a look at the track on the 'real' map and not the overview on the track information screen. After having a look at details of the track on the map I would want to go on with details of the next track. And I think it is not a simple task for GUI design and logic to come back to the track list in the last selected folder.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

Edit:
After posting above I just noticed looking through the listing of new messages that there was a similar question in the German forum area:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4154.msg31853
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
i am not able to delete one or more selected tracks in trackfolder.
e.g. i select one track (blue eye) /screwdriver/Delete/confirm top right/ "do you really want to delete 1 Track"/Delete
nothing happen.
It is only possible to delete a single track in tab "Information" right down arrow/delete
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Quotethere was a similar question in the German forum area:
@ MichaelZ, in my understanding it is not similar to your wish ???

menions discription and understanding is step back from "Track detail" (see his screenshot) to "list of tracks"
and this work with back or homebutton. :)

As i understand you want a "one click" option from mapview with displayed track, back  to "list of tracks"
As i know this is not possible at the moment :-[

It is normal behavior, if you are in "mapview" and click return, locus ask you to  "EXIT" (depending on settings)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

What does the new "Load Track" button in the track list do?
It marks the tracks as visible, but that´s what the eye is for, isn´t it? so is it just another way to show the tracks on the map or does it have a different function?
The new track overview is a nice idea, you have some important information at a glance. But I am not sure if the question mark is a good choice when no map is shown.
Locus also crashed once, whilst i was playing around with the tracks and track overview. I think i marked some tracks and hit "load tracks" when it crashed, but i am not sure and so far it hasn´t happened again.
  •