Locus Fieldnotes Problem

Started by eldron, September 08, 2014, 13:01:09

eldron

Hi,
I have just installed the latest Locus version and also the latest version of the fieldnotes addon.
I have a problem with the new addon though - if i want to edit a log by clicking on it, i only get a little message saying "Problem with loading log".
Uploading the fieldnote and also logging the visit works though.
I deleted the whole list and tried again, but the problem is still the same.
Other than that the addon seems to work well, but i don´t find the 3 buttons at the top very intuitive. It also took a minute until i understood what "select the old days" in the settings was supposed to mean.
And is there an option to automatically delete the fieldnotes after uploading them, like there was before the addon? I couldn´t find anything.
  •  

balloni55

Hi eldron
QuoteAnd is there an option to automatically delete the fieldnotes after uploading them, like there was before the addon? I couldn´t find anything.
please vote here
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/delete-fieldnote-after-successful-upload

QuoteIt also took a minute until i understood what "select the old days"
confirm!
in my words "select fieldnotes of the last days" is more understandable ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

to be true, I also still don't understand why this settings "Select X days" exists :). I only complicates my work as it always select some field notes I already send etc. ....
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

@balloni
just supported your request on getsatisfaction

Any idea why i get that error message when clicking on the log to edit it? Does editing work for everyone else?

•  

ormoru

@Eldron
It looks, that is problem with load one note. But I dont know, why? I tried to simulate with no problem. Can you send to locus.fieldnotes at gmail dot com your fieldnotes database? It is stored in Locus dir "data/config/gcFieldNotes.db".

Thanks a lot
Jarda
  •  

eldron

@ Jarda
i have just sent you the required database file. But i don´t think that a corrupted database is what is causing this problem.
After you posted the path to the database file, i closed locus, deleted the database and logged a new cache as found to create a new database. But the problem is still the same, even in the new database.
I actually sent you two files, the old and the new database.
  •  

Menion

@ormoru: should there be again some problem with getting log from Free/Pro version? Suggest to check this. It's quite risky, because many people that gives you some feedback, has usually both versions installed. Keep this please in mind ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

As Menion mentioned, i do have both, locus pro and free installed.
So i tried to edit the fieldnote in locus free and it works there. It looks like both apps are using the same database, as the content was the same.
I hope this helps to solve the problem.
  •  

eldron

Just let me know if you need any further information on this problem if that helps to solve it.
  •  

balloni55

in "FieldNotes" is wrong icon displayed (write note) when  i log "temporary disable listing"

Edit: update coordinate also wrong icon
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ormoru

Quote from: balloni55 on September 13, 2014, 17:02:35
in "FieldNotes" is wrong icon displayed (write note) when  i log "temporary disable listing"

Edit: update coordinate also wrong icon

Locus don't support log "temporary disable listing" and "update coordinate". Only found, didn't found, write note, need archived and need maintenance. As fix for other possibility log type I use "write note" icon. How you put this log into fieldnotes?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteLocus don't support log "temporary disable listing" and "update coordinate"
why not ?! scroll down in list ;)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

Quote from: eldron on September 08, 2014, 13:01:09
I have a problem with the new addon though - if i want to edit a log by clicking on it, i only get a little message saying "Problem with loading log".
Just wanted to see if there is any development on this front, as it´s still not working.
When i open the logs through locus pro i can´t edit them, it only works when i open them through locus free...?
  •