extSdCard directory with Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 ??

Started by silber1, July 16, 2014, 18:20:00

silber1

I have this two versions on my 2 smartphones. The good old versions with working Locus on extSdCard  :D.

By stupidity I deleted on my S3mini all data on the extSdcard.
By help of backup I tried to rebuild all data on extSdCard again.
I use TTCommander and MyPhoneExplorer for data managment.
In MyPhoneExplorer I see Locus in extSdcard-directory.
In TTCommander I see Locus twofold in /mnt/extSdcard  and in /storage/extSdcard  ?

So I deleted one of them, but the result was all detleted extSdCard !

What is the right directory structure for Locus in an extSdCard with old 4.1 or 4.2 ?

I learnd, that in 4.4.2  Locus has to be in internal and maps should sit in /mnt/extSdCard ?

•  

Christian

You use the right tools and backups :)
The dir storage/extSdcard is a softlink of /to mnt/extSdcard only. Means is a virtuell dir. If you delete one of them the other one is the same and will be empty as well.
So in 4.2.x you can install Locus to xxx/extSdcard/Locus including all maps.
In 4.4.x the dir has to be in storage/sdcard0/Locus for Locus and storage/extSdcard/younameit for the maps.
  •  

silber1

Many thanks for clarification! It is good to hear that I did it right!

This dammed Google Android 4.4.2  Kitcat.  The cat should be drowned  >:(  :(
  •  

tjej01

two days ago I submitted the following via the help desk...no response.  help please.

tried manually copy themes from sd card to internal. With all files now showing in internal locus/mapsVector/_themes AND still show as initializing during locus startup...unable to select custom theme.

Also, have confirmed "Theme of the maps checked to allow custom Vector map theme" is enabled.

As a note; the instructions above and in other help location just directs to transfer the location for /mapsVector folder...NOT then manually copy the /_ themes data.

I must be missing a step as others are not complaining of missing custom themes.

Thanks in advance for solution to this.
  •  

Menion

@tjej01, point me please to your topic on Help desk, I've probably missed it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tjej01

•