[APP] - version 3.1/2.X+ (updated 4.7.2014)

Started by Menion, July 03, 2014, 13:57:54

Menion

Thanks, good to hear that I'm not the only one without troubles :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Until now no crashes on my two smartphones.

Gesendet von meinem D5503

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

mambofive

Saw some crashes when working with Geocaches in the last weeks (updating, filtering etc), but I'm still on 3.0.2 and wanted to update before reporting them. Anyway, no crash at startup...
  •  

shushuk

Hi Menion,

at first start after update  on a Defy (2.2.2) I had some strange behaviour: I got a dialog "Filesystem: Änderungen im Locus Verzeichnis gefunden! Wähle ein Standard Locus Verzeichnis".
I could not select any file system, so I could not confirm and close the dialog. Instead I got a message "Probleme mit Arbeitsverzeichnis" (=Problem with working directory).

I started Locus again and it started without any troubles, but after download of additional files (!?)...
However... :-) :-D
I could not do any further tests, hope it works, next test will be in the mountains ;-)

However, thanks again for all your effort!

P.S.: By the way: When updating via Play store Locus does not Need any special rights. This is quite strange in my opinion. Is this new?!
  •  

merilius

Hi Menion,

Same problem as shushuk has (just the post above):
ver. 3.1.2: after the update "Please choose default Locus directory" shows an empty list.
At the ,,found changes in Locus directories" screen, right after ,,what's new" screen there should be a list of directories i.e. one on the internal storage and external sd card.
But after today's update there is no list. If I click confirm there I cannot continue.

Locus is unusable for me right now  :(
  •  

Christian

No probs before and after update.  I like it.
:)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: shushuk on July 09, 2014, 17:47:44
P.S.: By the way: When updating via Play store Locus does not Need any special rights. This is quite strange in my opinion. Is this new?!
I think that the store says:"No ADDITIONAL rights". So when you update, you keep the same permissions that yuo had with the previous installed version.
  •  

Menion

Guys, please kill me. Worst three issues in my life in one version at once.

Fixed version is just uploaded. Will be available withing one-two hours.

I'm sorry for that!
  •  

szebenyib

I believe that if Locus is mission critical for my next adventure then I do not update it right before that.
And having a bug corrected in a few days is EXCELLENT. I do not know any other software where the support would be as quick as here, so you shouldn't worry. People will correct those stars once it is fixed :-)
  •  

Menion

thanks, I know. I'm angry mainly on myself, because it's not for the first time I published version with any serious problem. Nevermind - problem solved, enjoy new adventures ;)
  •  

eldron

Maybe next time you should publish a beta version first, when implementing such important changes, like that some of the issues and bad ratings on google play could have been prevented. ;-)
But i must say that i generally wait a few days before updating important apps to see whether anyone reports issues with the new version.
  •  

leschek

It seems that I have a problem to update Locus Pro (to 3.1.3). I tried to download it 3 times through Google Play, but installation failed. In notifications it shows me "Soubor balíčku je neplatný" ("Package file is invalid").
  •  

Menion

@eldron: I usually do this. Problem here was that it was really small changes. They were so small, that I don't even tested them .. and this was result. Next time - better.

@leschek: hmm, this is not a problem in Locus. Try to clear cache of Google Play app and restart your device. This should help.
  •  

ta-ka

I have one question about dashboard editor.
Unchecking 'Resize by top/bottom panel' takes effect only after restart of Locus. Is this normal?
Btw, the text color of 'Close by button "back"' and 'Resize by top/bottom panel' are gray but should be black.
  •  

shushuk

Quote from: stebu on July 09, 2014, 22:50:25
I think that the store says:"No ADDITIONAL rights". So when you update, you keep the same permissions that yuo had with the previous installed version.

Correct, I missed the word "additional" :-)

Updated to 3.1.3 on my defy (2.2.2) without any Troubles  8)
Thanx
  •