[APP] - version 3.0.X+ (updated 29.6.2014)

Started by Menion, May 29, 2014, 13:28:57

balloni55

Hello menion,
during some biketours i noticed that the "track record state" in right side panel button switch from red to green dot, although recording is not stopped or paused :o
After long search i found the reason, the device is fixed to the handlebars of my bike and so shocks and shaking reach my device.
In my example video i hold the device in one hand and shock it to the other.
On sec. 21 and 45 you see the changing colour of the dot from red to green.
I am able to change back to red dot, if i click "stop"+ back, or "pause" or close screen and reopen it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzd0jsi0srr6arn/track-state.mp4

Sorry for asking again, my wish is furtermore, to recognize the state of trackrecording also in trackpanel, because trackpanel covers right side panel darkgray and so state is not clear visible
green/red <> start/stop button
gray/orange <> paused button
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: menion on May 30, 2014, 07:38:54
- dynamic info bar: hmm, I have no idea where to place it. Even now, there is so low space on screen :)

No need to make extra space (I mean the existing bar as on picture):

Would be useful if it could switch displayed content automatically depeding on Locus current state (offline, GPS locating only, GPS+recording, GPS+guiding, GPS+geocaching etc, choosable view context for each mode)
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
my first experience with "dev_enable_auto_gc_offlinizer=1" 8)
First i opened (not stored) a few geocaches with GC4L, this geocaches include "backgroundphotos", "spoilerphotos", "photos insert in cachelisting" .
All this photos are stored in: locus/data/geocaching/...
and "photos in loggs" they are stored in locus/cache/images/...
After that i´v downloaded the cache.gpx from each listing and imported them to locus.
Next i close WIFI and set flightmode on my device.
If i open this geocaches, only the photos insert in cachelisting are recognized and displayed, all others not, although they are stored.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

szebenyib

If you import a gpx file into a folder and choose to empty it, the yes button is not red, like when you delete something. It would be nicer in red and more consistent.
  •  

nIgel

Thanks for the new version.
I'm glad that zooming isn't restricted on rastermaps any more. Helps with geocaching. The rest of the list of features and improvements will take some time to test it.
Since I own a device which has ANT+ on board I tested the new CHIRP feature. But couldn't get it working (attached screenshot). Probably a bug relating to my old Android 2.3.4. version? Using the ANT+ Plugin Demo App I had no problems finding a Chirp device.
Device is SE Xperia Mini (ST15i).
  •  

Menion

Quote from: balloni55 on May 30, 2014, 13:28:08
during some biketours i noticed that the "track record state" in right side panel button switch from red to green dot, although recording is not stopped or paused ...
Ah seems to be a problem caused by rotation of screen. Thanks, I've improved it a little bit, so hope it helps.

Quote from: balloni55 on May 30, 2014, 13:28:08
Sorry for asking again, my wish is furtermore, to recognize the state of trackrecording also in trackpanel, because trackpanel covers right side panel darkgray and so state is not clear visible
green/red <> start/stop button
gray/orange <> paused button
Here I'm not sure - it's a question? :). If so, what is for you "track panel"

About images in logs - interesting, for me it works correctly. May you please send me GPX of cache which cause these problems? Thanks

@Bucky kid: partially understand. Agree that top panel should be usable for some "Current state" information. Anyway it's not a task on one hour and I don't think it's too important now

@szebenyib: red button - agree

@nlgel: tap on "menu" button and choose which sensor you want to use. Then it should work ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

nIgel

@Menion:
Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking to do this but my problem is that there is no menu-button. To underline this I attached the screenshot in my previous post.
  •  

Menion

you have to have HARDWARE menu button on your device
  •  

nIgel

Quote from: menion on May 31, 2014, 11:45:12
you have to have HARDWARE menu button on your device
Right you are, my stupid mistake.
Was searching this menu-button which is shown in your pic in the upper right corner (Ant manager + 3 vertical dots).
  •  

Robin99

After update to version 3.0 text to speech stopped working.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Robin99 on May 31, 2014, 12:40:24
After update to version 3.0 text to speech stopped working.
the same happend to me,
TTS sound was set silently in locus ???
to solve it go to
menue/settings/language&Units/TTS settings and "Test Text-to-speech"
After you click this "test button" push your "volume hardware button" of your device and scale up your volume :) to hear the voice. Notice, modification only works as long as testtext is playing!
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Robin99

Thank's but it helped for a short time. When I turned on navigation voice commands work quite well, but it stopped without reason and remain silent. In last beta version everything works fine.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAbout images in logs - interesting, for me it works correctly. May you please send me GPX of cache which cause these problems? Thanks
i´ve send it to locus@asamm.com
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Robin I've just return from short bike trip and right because of your post, I've tested voice navigation and everything went well. No problem. I was even suprised how precise navigation generator is :).

So hard to say where is a problem. If you use "Navigation" in Locus, so you see on left side big icon, just tap on it and set volume of voice with bottom slidebar.

@balloni: thanks, I'll check it at the morning
  •  

Mek

I really like the new track record panel. Great job!
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •