[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

jusc

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2014, 18:10:22
hmm in this case it should depend on third bottom button - button no. 5 ( http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200033951-Add-new-route-Measure ). Do you have same state (enabled/disabled) on both devices?

yes, button number 5 is pressed and foot is used in both cases.
Regards J.
  •  

szebenyib

I have seen that theme as well, however it is the same :)
Btw. that theme does not highlight hiking paths with the appropriate signs so no other theme may be used but only the one from openmaps.eu.
Anyway thank you for looking :) :)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on May 28, 2014, 16:26:50
@stebu: first problem - thanks, fixed. Second - I do not see any such error. It happen to you just when you open 'Maps' screen? Weird, there should be no attempt to connect to internet
OK, it happened only when I switched off internet while I was using ONLINE map to test the map caching feature.
So no problem :)
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
thanks for answer, i´ll wait for "new track screen" ;)

have you changed anything exporting a Track with POIs in 2.20.2.8???
If i import a with 2.20.2.7 exported .kmz i am able to select  "Merge Points with track", see left screenshot
If i import a with 2.20.2.8 exported .kmz i am missing  "Merge Points with track", see right screenshot
and so the POIs are additional imported :o

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

@szebenyib
Have you tried a hillshade overlay map (as Jusc recommended)? That´s not a theme.
It´s a second map (that only displays the hillshading) and that is put on top of a normal, "flat" map to create the hillshades.
You can find it under "More"->"Map Overlay". Then you select the map (Online Maps->Overlays->Hike&Bike Hillshade) And choose your level of transparency. If you want to use it offline you can download the OSM Hillshading(OSM-Layers->Hikebikemap Hillshade), but i can´t remember if i had to manually add that map to the list or if it´s a standard map...
  •  

eldron

@ Menion
When I open a track and click on the "Point info" button (the neddle with an "i" in the left menu), Locus says "working" (Bearbeitung läuft) and then crashes.This bug is reproducable, so let me know if you need a log.
I also had a problem with closing the geocaching tools screen. When pressing the back button the screen turned white. I had to press back again for the screen to close. I think that problem was described earlier in this thread for the Track record screen. Doesn´t happen every time though.

And one question:
I drew some lines and circles today, but found no way to delete them, other than restarting the app...? Is there any way to delete them? And I also can´t click on them, so how do I get infos about them? Whilst I create the line locus tells me how long it is, but once I have created it I can´t get back to that info screen anymore - or at least I couldn´t find out how to.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: eldron on May 29, 2014, 02:00:52
@ Menion When I open a track and click on the "Point info" button (the neddle with an "i" in the left menu), Locus says "working" (Bearbeitung läuft) and then crashes.This bug is reproducable, so let me know if you need a log.
see
forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg29556#msg29556
forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg29562#msg29562
forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg29564#msg29564
Quote@jurek: please instead of some un-install etc. just create for me a log.
EDIT: log not needed, problem found, thanks!

Quote from: eldron on May 29, 2014, 02:00:52
I drew some lines and circles today, but found no way to delete them, other than restarting the app...? Is there any way to delete them?

Quote from: eldron on May 29, 2014, 02:00:52And I also can´t click on them, so how do I get infos about them? Whilst I create the line locus tells me how long it is, but once I have created it I can´t get back to that info screen anymore - or at least I couldn´t find out how to.
Locus isn't a photoshop clone. :)

eldron

@ gynta
Do you ever sleep?
Thanks for your answer, so the point info bug is already fixed :-)
So that´s how you remove the lines/circles! Thanks again. Never thought of Locus as a photoshop substitute... but now that you´ve mentioned it, maybe we should start a little Locus drawing competition?
But seriously - the line can be a useful tool to measure the distance between two points. For that it would be handy though to check the lenght of the line without having to draw it again.
Not very important though - I was just wondering whether it´s possible to get back to that info screen or not.

•  

gynta

Quote from: eldron on May 29, 2014, 02:32:41
the line can be a useful tool to measure the distance between two points.
http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200033951-Add-new-route-Measure
again: Measure ;)
don't use this "route" - just measure

szebenyib

@eldron I have checked it and it is nice especially together with shading. :-)
(it seems to slow down map drawing, so I believe I will just use it when I'm at home planning a trip.
It was a good idea, thanks. :-)
  •  

Menion

@jusc: hmm one guy seems to have also some problems here https://plus.google.com/118114018285093982179/posts/2iVPvsWqLH2 , but I'm unable to simulate this. Wil try today before release

@stebu: ah you're right! I've changed system for downloading map tiles and this is result. I'll fix it, thanks

@balloni: may you please share with me these two exports? I'll check it's content and find a problem, thanks

@eldron: click on 'Point icon' is already fixed, thanks. About white screen - yes I read about it, but I'm still not able to reproduce it. Fortunately it's not a huge problem. And to delete items - you need to "Remove temp map items". This may be done by button in right panel, button in data > items tab or long click on 'data' button (in context menu) ... ah you already discuss this below, nevermind :)

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotemay you please share with me these two exports? I'll check it's content and find a problem, thanks
perhaps i found the reason, and if you need furthermore the files ill share it to you ;) let me know
The difference between both tracks:
in first (left screenshot) i add no text in descriptionfield of the track
Quote<name><![CDATA[2014-05-25 16:21:40]]></name>
   <description><![CDATA[1h:05m:31s | 17.0 km<br /><br /><font color="black"><table width="100%"><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center"><small><b>Length</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">17.0 km</td></tr>
in secound (right screenshot) i add text "Track" in the discription of the track.
<name><![CDATA[tra2014-05-28 09:59:57]]></name>
<description><![CDATA[Track<br /><br /><font color="black"><table width="100%">
<tr><td width="100%" align="center">Track</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1"><hr></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%"><tr><td align="left" valign="center">
<small><b>Length</b></small></td><td align="center" valign="center">1.7 km</td></tr>

and additional i found that this text "Track" is displayed twice after reimport

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Quote from: menion on May 29, 2014, 07:05:56
@jusc: hmm one guy seems to have also some problems here https://plus.google.com/118114018285093982179/posts/2iVPvsWqLH2 , but I'm unable to simulate this. Wil try today before release

I rebooted my phone Note 2 but no changes.
You can try the way I choosed ( please look at the coordinates) It´s near Vienna (Kalenderberg).
Choose only start and second point. And zoom in at least at 40m, maybe you dont´t see it in lower zoom levels, btw.there is a different look at scale.
With Locus test (right picture) the way is shorter, but there are navigation instructions, that I can´t see with Locus Pro.

5 Minutes later  ;D
Maybe I found it. If you mark "only route" it works correctly

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@balloni and @jusc: sorry, I'm unable to simulate both problems.

I'm also closing this topic, guess why ;).

Next 14 days will be, due to a lot of changes, focused mainly on tunning, debugging, fixing and other dirty words. So if there will be problems, my ears are open!!

And I almost forget - THANK YOU ALL - this was long six weeks and without your help, I can never create such monster as new 3.0.0 version ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: jusc on May 29, 2014, 11:07:53
Quote from: menion on May 29, 2014, 07:05:56

I rebooted my phone Note 2 but no changes.
You can try the way I choosed ( please look at the coordinates) It´s near Vienna (Kalenderberg).
Choose only start and second point. And zoom in at least at 40m, maybe you dont´t see it in lower zoom levels, btw.there is a different look at scale.
With Locus test (right picture) the way is shorter, but there are navigation instructions, that I can´t see with Locus Pro.

5 Minutes later  ;D
Maybe I found it. If you mark "only route" it works correctly

I think I know the reason for the different behaviour dependent on the tick for "only route". In case of not set tick, Locus performs a smoothing of the track in order to possibly generate a better result for navigation orders.
  •