Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

Menion

it will be problem on Locus side, due to a lot of changes last weeks. I'll check it thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin Sloup

Quote from: Mek on April 09, 2014, 17:49:47
Bad news - updating a cache with corrected coordinates is broken again (it was broken some time ago here).
To reproduce:
- download a mystery cache with corrected coordinates to Locus
- update the corrected coordinates to some different coordinates via GC website
- open the mystery cache in Locus and choose Update cache - it is updated but the coordinates are still old ones.

Try this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts0ixz4dpeck91w/Geocaching4Locus-1.5.4.3-rc1.apk

@menion: It's bug in add-on. Above version works OK with a latest Locus.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Mek

Thanks for the fast response. I tried the rc1 version but the problem is still present :(
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Martin Sloup

Damn, I can't reproduce it with rc1 version! Can you check if my steps are correct?

Test environment:

• Locus Pro ver. 2.20.2
  • Geocaching4Locus ver. 1.5.4.3-rc1

Steps:

• Import any mystery cache which doesn't have filled-in changed coordinates (e.g. GC2Q9RP) to Locus - G4L -> Import GC, G4L set to download complete cache data
  • Open cache in a web browser (GC2Q9RP) and press the pencil symbol which is placed after coordinates. Fill-in different coordinates and press Submit button. Then press Accept button to confirm it.
  • Now open that imported cache in Locus, via external application button select Update cache in a menu.
  • Cache should be now placed on a new coordinates.

Note: I tried it also with marked / unmarked "Move to final waypoint" and "Keep data while import", first two choices in Geocaching configuration section in Locus, but without any change.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

davyduck

Thanks for a wonderful app.  I've used it a lot for geocaching.

Recently, I've had an issue downloading caches from geocaching.com.  This may be their problem, or me not setting something right.  The problem started sometime within the last several months and/or last several updates of Geocaching4Lucus --- sorry I can't pinpoint it better. 

Here is the issue:  When logged into geocaching.com as a basic account, I get only basic geocaches, as I would expect.  However, when I download caches logged in with my premium account, I seem to get only premium geocaches --- no basic geocaches.  If I remember correctly, I used to get ALL caches when logged into my premium account.

Thanks again for your app.
  •  

Mek

Quote from: Arcao on April 10, 2014, 13:57:09
Damn, I can't reproduce it with rc1 version! Can you check if my steps are correct?

Test environment:

• Locus Pro ver. 2.20.2
  • Geocaching4Locus ver. 1.5.4.3-rc1

Steps:

• Import any mystery cache which doesn't have filled-in changed coordinates (e.g. GC2Q9RP) to Locus - G4L -> Import GC, G4L set to download complete cache data
  • Open cache in a web browser (GC2Q9RP) and press the pencil symbol which is placed after coordinates. Fill-in different coordinates and press Submit button. Then press Accept button to confirm it.
  • Now open that imported cache in Locus, via external application button select Update cache in a menu.
  • Cache should be now placed on a new coordinates.

Note: I tried it also with marked / unmarked "Move to final waypoint" and "Keep data while import", first two choices in Geocaching configuration section in Locus, but without any change.
Sorry for the late response, was on a geocaching trip :)
So I downloaded the RC version again and tried it again - bug is still present. Locus version is same as yours but the G4L addon has version 1.5.4.3 only (without -rc1) as displayed in G4L settings. Are you sure the file on dropbox is the RC1 one or is it supposed to display version without the rc part?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

sejtam

I bricked and unbrocked my GT-N7000, and due to this had to 'upgrade' to CyanogenMod 10.1.3 (Jelly Bean).

I reinstalled Locus Pro 2.20.2  and G4L 1.5.4.2

When I try to Sign into GC.com, I get the GC login, but after 'Allow Access' nothing happens and I get an error after a long timeout..

Fail
Exception:
LiveGeocachingApiException

Aftertrying this a few times, GC.com in my (premium) profile under 'Manage your Authorizations' does show Locus and G4L as authorized, yet I cannot get G4L to sign in

This is frustrating.

c:geo was able to log in just fine (but I think it just pretends to be a browser, and G4L is a much nicer tool anyway, which i want back
HELP

edit
Some more info. Trying to log in via Locus's   'Geocaching Live' menu very quickly brings up the 'Allow Access' menu (for 'Locus' , as opposed to 'Geocaching 4Locus' when I use G4L's Sign In). When allowing that, I get a 'Login valid' (green bad below), but then after a few seconds a red bar with 'Problem with Internet connection' and 'Login unsuccessful' .

Did GC.com change their API again?
  •  

Menion

same happen to me today during field testing - http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/no-internet-connection-only-geocaching

Seems to be some problem on Groundspeak server. We will see tomorrow.
  •  

sejtam

•  

Roland Welten

As of today I have problems with Geocaching 4 Locus. The live map would not load geocaches.
Are you familiar with this problem?
  •  

Menion

I've just tried it and it seems to work correctly. May you please check your Internet connection, if you have enabled periodic updates in Locus settings and also settings in G4L add-on? Thanks

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

•  

Roland Welten

Strange,  I don't have change the settings and I have the same issue on my htc one x and Samsung galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).
Both on wifi.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI've just tried it and it seems to work correctly
the same by me - works

Have you tried to "update" a stored geocache? Did this work? best place to see in "logs"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Roland Welten

Update a preloaded seems to work.

A clean install is not the solution. Live map stays on downloading caches 0/250 0%
  •  

wvb

I had a similar issue last week and when I tested the next day it worked fine.
I read there were some issues with the GC server. Perhaps that was the issue?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•