Locus Addon Solver

Started by dvzd, May 24, 2014, 19:30:36

dvzd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=locus.addon.mcs

QuoteYou are a huge fan of mystery or multi caches and you are using Locus?
But you don't like to work with paper in the rain or you often have no pencil with you, when you seach the boxes?
Then this addon to Locus will ease your life!
Simply open the cache in the addon, mark the formulas in the description and the solver will find the used variables and will calculate your next waypoints. It automatically submits the new coordinates to Locus, so you don't need to enter them by hand yourself.
  •  

Masterijn

•  

berkley

This is gorgeous!

Though not being an active geocaching, I'm always happy to see new addons for Locus. Good luck with the app!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Masterijn

Having worked with this app, I realy like it a lot. I think it's a very elegant solution with a lot of automaticity but also enough ways to do things by hand. I think that the part of stacked functions can theoraticaly be limiting. Can be overcome by creating intermediate variables, but a more versatile expression evaluation could be more powerfull.   
  •  

CaptKaos2

Had a play with this today (weathers not that good out there), using some multi's I had already solved. At first I couldn't get it to work, until I realised the the ° symbol was missing from the coordinates. As soon as I realised this it worked a treat.
  •  

LALocususer

I don't mean to come off as thick, but I'm not quite sure how to use this addon. I assume this app is for determing the next waypoint in a multicache. but even if i hit calculate on a certain multicache I don't see anything helpful. just an edited version of basic info screen under listing.

Is not the idea here that the initial coords are displayed and you can add or subtract whatever figures are mentioned ı.e. " add 150  to west coordinate" and get the adjusted coordinate  so you don't have to exit the app and go to phone calculator or break out paper and pen?

•  

gawalione

Hi LALocususer,
Unfortunately it is not possible to automatically detect formulas and assign them to waypoints, because the waypoints are not transmitted by PQ and the formulas are not always detectable as such. Thats why you have to create the waypoints yourself and assign the formulas you find in the description manually.
Start by marking a found formula with the normal text selection tool of your device and hit the copy-button at the top. The rest is straightforward. Remember to copy the formulas for longitude and latitude separately.
There is also a short video in the details page in the play store.
  •  

SaschaVIE

How can I use the coordinates of a previous waypoint or the header in a formula?

SaschaVIE
  •  

gawalione

I fear that this is currently not poassible.
Unfortunately my time is limited at the moment and i'm working on other issues.

But you can post at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113063786196810493588 there are some experienced users of the plugin, who can possibly help with an workaround.
  •  

Condor

Hello,
please how and where to set Czech? Apparently it is translated.
Well thank you
  •  

gawalione

The texts are shown in the system language. There is no language selector.
  •  

boenli

Hi all
I like the solver addon very much. It makes Multi-Caches much easier. What I like most is the possibility to copy waypoints from the listing with the automatic initialization of variables.

But there is a possible flaw (maybe I made something wrong): In a multi cache I recently logged, were calculated variables with values about 680'000 and 280'000. The addon was not able to calculate them. When I tried it with test values, the maximum was 99'999. Is there anybody else, who made the same experience?

Furthermore Is it possible to implement a waypoint calculation in other coordination formats than WGS?

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

•