[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on April 30, 2014, 21:07:23
After i start a track an unneeded window apeares ! if i click the record button i want to start recording, nothing else.
good point.

QuoteWhat is the advantage of this window  at start moment? No info/values, needles klicks to start..
possibility to quick change profile
possibility to change displayed units values
possibility to go to further settings
...even before you start
possibility to start with countdown

QuoteWhat is the advantage of a "count down" track-startbutton?
a gimmik for "high end" user  8)
annoying for "big fat finger normal user" :)

Quote...dashboard...please add green/red/orange dot-status also to the dashboard button.
I think that's not so easy :)

tramp20

Quote from: gynta on May 01, 2014, 14:02:40
Yes
balloni has discovered this file name problem already here:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg28828#msg28828

Yes I read this now.
But it is not so simple :-)
The files are all exported to dropbox (in all formats) but only the older format is synced to the PC! It could be a faulty restriction in Dropbox, but Menion changed a long reliable format.

I needed a long time to find this out ;-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

hmm damn, this whole change in export name was done because of this http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg28619#msg28619 , but seems it do not work perfectly. So please give me second chance to next test version.

And thanks gynta, you answered perfectly on all balloni questions :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, I'm not sure if this wasn't already reported but computing navigation (MapQuest) in test version 2.20.2.3 is almost or maybe completely not functional. Progress dialog appears only for short while, then returns back to Navigate to... dialog (won't close). Tried more times and no time I was success to get navigation route. For comparison I let compute same route in latest public build 2.20.2 and got route right away on 1st attempt, so this must be problem of latest beta (betas). Used standard 3G network for this.
  •  

Menion

Thanks!! You're correct, there seems to be small issue in request on MapQuest server. Perfect, fixed
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on May 01, 2014, 20:24:30
hmm damn, this whole change in export name was done because of this...,
but seems it do not work perfectly. So please give me second chance to next test version.

Again, all tracks are exported to Dropbox.com, but not all to the PC.

All files in my hardcopy from Dropbox.com with a underline between date/time and the name are synced, the other not.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

My point of view about:
infos in exported POI, trackpoint and track-POI
POI:
the exported infos are ok, i only miss the koords ;)

Trackpoint:
all important infos from track are exported  :)

Track POI:
the additional discription get lost :-[
in my opinion all "details" should be exported, but not the "trackdetails"

How do you think about it?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

wvb

I would expect that an export is an exact copy of the original so it should contain all the info.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

gynta

disable "Shading maps" has partly no effect.
see clip...

Menion

New test version 2.20.2.4

@balloni: agree that all details should be exported. I completely forget on this so I'll check it to next version
  •  

Robin99

post moved to topic "Test version from GooglePlay over Google+"
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3867.msg29019#msg29019
  •  

CaptKaos2

Menion
I like the new layout of the points Screen with its Sidebar. Only thing that I see that is not needed is the Web page link for the cache, That link is already on the Basic info page in under CACHE CODE

Edit
One other thing I noticed is the Settings button under Various heading is a global setting  (it's in the Pro version since a few versions back) and I can not see a use on an individual cache. But that is just my opinion, others may think differently. 
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
first impression of 2.20.2.4 ;)
- new GC-panel looks nice :)
i do not need  "webside" and i miss the "Hintbutton" in toppanel ::) one more klick !

- Export work (#170 and #204)
ö is changed to o, ü to u..., is it possilble to change it as used in german language, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue??

- if i reimport a track with pois, locus split track and pois and store the track in data-track and the  pois in data-poi :(

- i have recorded a track and add a POI (red arrow) while driving on i attached a stored photo to this POI and saved it later (blue arrow). At this moment the trackline jump back to the POI-koords and then immediately to my current possition.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Robin99

I agree with balloni55, geocache right panel is OK, but to insert there a "hint" button and "Log visit" button is not a good idea. First thing: there is one more tap to get to hint information or Log visit action.
Second: menu button is far far away from my thumb, and with large phone screen there is not easy to operate one hand (right).
Third: "hardware" menu button is not active.
I strong vote to bring back mentioned buttons to its old place.
  •  

Menion

We discuss a lot feedback from you (with Peter and Hanka), and do not agree at all with all what you write.

1. Problem of missing 'hint' button

In many cases I prefered (past time) less clicks (faster access) over usability and clean design. In this case I cannot agree. Everyone wants fast access to different features. Anyway all may be placed into nice side menu which is really fast to access from all tabs and where all core data are at once place. I was testing it in the field on around 15 caches and my experience was a lot better then with previous top menu. Access side menu by slide from side is really fast in the field during move and do it everytime I need to read hint or do something with a case, seems to be no problem. For me. I'm anyway still open for strong arguments against this.

2. Website button

It isn't 100% clear that tap on GC Code opens web side. Also you have to move to main tab. So I think it's not a big problem to have link in side menu.

Only change I did is move buttont that opens this side panel to top left corner where were before menu button. So on left side is again "Home" button to map screen. And robin thanks - hardware menu button is a good idea

@CaptKaos2: link to settings is to "Geocaching settings", which i think is usable mainly when you log a cache and you want's to change format or some other settings. And it's there since begin I think

@Balloni:
export texts - ah, oki, I'll try it :)
reimport of track - points are attached to track only in case, there is just one track.
problem with added point during record - thanks, I'll fix it.
  •