[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Menion

So one by one since 19.4.

@tramp20: auto-hide option will be added to "Track record settings"

@szebenyib: language selection is not by default allowed. All app use language defined by system. In new version of Android, I not yet found a way how to hack it, so till then it won't be possible

@Bob Denny: thanks, appreciate it :)

@balloni, eldron, others: in latest test version, you should see small panel at bottom that indicate a state. I've also improve it yesterday after some suggestions from gynta, so you'll see in next version.

@ta-ka: change of track profile during recording added.

@berkley: you're welcome. Next version of Locus will already have new store. We do not yet have some public console for adding content from other people, but it's next task once, store will work.

@gynta, balloni: crash with "Add waypoint" from dashboard fixed

@gynta: missing answer - as I read, I answered bellow that it depends on geocachers. And no one complain about english names of waypoints :). So I take it as 'OK' ;)

So for me remain one question - visible "REC, PAUSED" button at bottom when recording is active. I can do mechanism, that this button won't be visible if "Track rec" button will be in permanently visible right panel or if recording buttons will be visible in dashboard, but will this be clear? Will be clear on first sight, that this button is not visible right because of this? I'm worried ... no

EDIT: btw. if anyone interested in "fixing" read-only access on KitKat - http://www.fixkitkat.com/
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotevisible "REC, PAUSED" button at bottom when recording is active
one idea, i don´t know it is possible.
Change colour of dot in the "trackrecord button" in right side panel
red dot = no recording
green dot = recording
orange dot = recording paused

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

szebenyib

+1 for Balloni's solution. I would however change the colors:
Green - no recording
Red  - recording (it is always this way with household devices.)
Orange - paused.

This would be in sync with the colors of the dialog buttons.

@menion: having explicitly put a button on the right panel the user will know it is there (because he has put it there he is not a new user and knows that it is there) A changed color would be definitely noticeablebecause of this in my opinion.
  •  

Menion

oki guys, your solution is acceptable. Colorized button (colors same as in dialog) and in case panel will not have "auto-hiding", Locus won't display side button. I'm going to implement it now ..
  •  

Menion

Quote from: gynta on April 25, 2014, 23:29:29
Idea
Add track wp in a faster way:

Hi,
I discuss this with Peter and we both do not like this idea, sorry. There is already too much settings and ways how to add points to tracks and we believe that fastest way over "Quick add point" is fast enough.
  •  

balloni55

Locus 2.20.2.3
QuoteColorized button (colors same as in dialog) and in case panel will not have "auto-hiding", Locus won't display side button. I'm going to implement it
work nice :) Thanks
Track export ( .gpx  .kmz) do not work  :( only a short twitch of the display after click on export

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm you export to local KMZ/GPX file? Because I have absolutely no problem. So more info needed ...
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
in attached video first i export a single point of the track, i see the infowindow, the point is exported well :)
in secound step i try to export the complete track but nothing happen by click on export :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

again a balloni file name conflict ? ;)
try to rename it

balloni55

Quote from: gynta on April 30, 2014, 10:21:08
again a balloni file name conflict ? ;)
try to rename it
@gynta, thanks for PM now i understand your post and you are right, if i delete - and : in filname the export work fine!
On the other hand:
- with locus pro the export work with this signs, and
- locus it selve create the date/time format and i only add a name :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: balloni55 on April 29, 2014, 19:47:35
Locus 2.20.2.3
Track export ( .gpx  .kmz) do not work  :( only a short twitch of the display after click on export

I noticed today the same with this version.
If I export a new made track with the pro version I receive the kmz on my PC as usual.
If I export (manually too) a track with this test version it is really exported to the DropBox server (I can see it in my export folder there and can download it manually) but it is not synced to my PC, so I did not receive this track.
I tried this on two smartphones with the same result.
The last version2.20.2.2 was ok because I made a track at 27.04.2014 which was correct exported.
These exported but not synced tracks are (after downloading manually) correct shown on Google Earth.

So I have no clue why they are not synced to my PC:-(

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on April 27, 2014, 12:35:43@ta-ka: change of track profile during recording added.
Thank you very much.  Now, may I ask two improvements?
  - highlight current profile with red text as same as that in settings screen
  - show pop-up message "Profile '%s' set" after profile change as same as previous track recording system
It makes easy to know current profile and changed profile during track recording.

EDIT: one more thing.
If locus can create a launch shortcut with automatic start of track recording on android's home screen, it is possible to select:
  - tapping app icon -> launch locus normally
  - tapping shortcut -> launch locus with starting track recording
  - if track recording is already running, tapping app icon or shortcut just brings locus to foreground
How about this idea?
  •  

balloni55

sorry for asking again :-[ but i get no answer.
QuoteAfter i start a track an unneeded window apeares ! if i click the record button i want to start recording, nothing else.
What is the advantage of a "count down" track-startbutton?
1.) what is the advantage of this window  at start moment? No info/values, needles klicks to start....
2.) What is the advantage of a "count down" track-startbutton?

a nearly perfect solution for me, without needles klicks, is gynta´s dashboard "gynta_rec.lb" from post #191
please add green/red/orange dot-status also to the dashboard button.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

tramp20

@menion,

Quote from: tramp20 on April 30, 2014, 13:14:47

The last version2.20.2.2 was ok because I made a track at 27.04.2014 which was correct exported.
These exported but not synced tracks are (after downloading manually) correct shown on Google Earth.

I think I found the cause: you changed the naming format of the exported tracks :-(

1. The pro and the older test versions export this file name        2014-05-01_09-00-00 Grainbach (notice the blank) as
                                                                                            2014-05-01_09-00-00_Grainbach.kmz to DropBox.

2. The newest test version exports this file without a change as 2014-05-01_09:00:00 Grainbach.kmz.
    But if I download manually this file from Dropbox I get           2014-05-01_09_00_00 Grainbach.kmz

3. Both files are on Dropbox.com in the locus/export folder.

4. But only the file format                                                       2014-05-01_09-00-00_Grainbach.kmz is synced to my PC.

I am using Dropbox 2.6.31

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

gynta