[Theme] V-Scale

Started by jusc, June 27, 2013, 17:33:01

jusc

Hi tommi,

I don´t know what happend, but ther was an old V-scale bundle again  :'(.
So I updated the symbols again (in first post) not the themes themselves, If you or somebody else would like to test ist, please don´t hesitate to let me know, if there are still problems.

Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: jusc on October 27, 2013, 11:07:50
Hi tommi,

I don´t know what happend, but ther was an old V-scale bundle again  :'(.
So I updated the symbols again (in first post) not the themes themselves, If you or somebody else would like to test ist, please don´t hesitate to let me know, if there are still problems.
Hi jusc,
no more crashes seen. Thank you.

But I wonder why I can't see any of those previously missing symbols on the map. For instance the optician, I know where it's located but I don't see the symbol. Does it work for you?
  •  

jusc

Hi tommi,

thank you for testing
hmm, optican is reserved for the future. ;D. You are right, I can´t find it too but I will look at it.
But for more shops like clothes, shoes etc. you should use the Freizeitkarte up from zoom level 18. I fear, that  these are shops nor rendered with Locus maps nor with OpenAndroMaps.

Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: jusc on October 27, 2013, 14:48:52
Hi tommi,
thank you for testing
hmm, optican is reserved for the future. ;D. You are right, I can´t find it too but I will look at it.
I think you mean optician, maybe we should  buy new glasses ;-)

Quote from: jusc on October 27, 2013, 14:48:52
But for more shops like clothes, shoes etc. you should use the Freizeitkarte up from zoom level 18. I fear, that  these are shops nor rendered with Locus maps nor with OpenAndroMaps.
Ah, ok, this just means that Locus and OpenAndroMaps are not so interested in those information the same as I :).
  •  

jusc

Quote from: tommi on October 27, 2013, 15:50:35I think you mean optician, maybe we should  buy new glasses ;-)

Yes that´s right. I just bought new glasses  ;D should be optician of course, fixed for next release.
Regards J.
  •  

Locus9999

Excuse my ignorance, cannot get Locus to load any of the 3 themes in the zip file(V-Scale-Bundle.zip).
Have unzipped the file and have 4 folders(V-Scale, V-Scale_Cycle, etc).
Should I copy the contents of the V-Scale folder into each of the three folders (V-Scale_Cycle, etc) and then place each of those folders individually into the "Locus/mapsvector/_themes" folder? .
If that is not correct what is the correct placement of these 4 files?
Thanks
  •  

tommi

Quote from: Locus9999 on April 04, 2014, 21:15:49
Excuse my ignorance, cannot get Locus to load any of the 3 themes in the zip file(V-Scale-Bundle.zip).
Have unzipped the file and have 4 folders(V-Scale, V-Scale_Cycle, etc).
Should I copy the contents of the V-Scale folder into each of the three folders (V-Scale_Cycle, etc) and then place each of those folders individually into the "Locus/mapsvector/_themes" folder? .
If that is not correct what is the correct placement of these 4 files?
Thanks
AFAIR there was no need to copy files around. The 4 folders need to be located in the _themes folder. Whereas V-Scale_xxx contain only the theme instructions itself, the V-Scale folder contains the graphical information like patterns,symbols, etc.
Locus should offer selection of V-Scale_Cycle, _Hike, _Pure.

@jusc: I don't ask for ETA, just the question if you're still working on an update, maybe including highway exit names and numbers?
  •  

jusc

I'm still working on an update. But l'm not sufficient at this time. Thanks for your hints.
Regards J.
  •  

Locus9999

"tommi" than you for the quick answer..
  •  

tommi

Quote from: Locus9999 on April 05, 2014, 19:22:01
"tommi" than you for the quick answer..
I guess it helped?
  •  

Masterijn

I realy like these themes, but they seem to crash Locus within 5 minutes of some scrolling and zooming. Hard to say what triggers it.
  •  

jusc

@Masterijn
Thank you for this hint, I unfortunately see it too on my Note 2 with a custom rom (4.3) based on stock rom.
At first I thought it depends on this combination.
Which phone/rom combination are you using?

Thank you in advance.
Regards J.
  •  

Masterijn

Kitkat 4.4 on a note 3, non custom rom
  •  

Locus9999

Quote from: tommi on April 06, 2014, 07:01:36
Quote from: Locus9999 on April 05, 2014, 19:22:01
"tommi" thank you for the quick answer..
I guess it helped?
Yes, thank you for your assistance.
  •  

Menion

Hi jusc and Masterijn,

I've read your two posts where you wrote about some problems with these themes. So I downloaded them and tested (very nice btw.) and I see no problem on my device. Theme is also fine, just few minor problems, but nothing serious.

So if you have really force close crash while using, may you create for me a log? Thanks

http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200014832-How-to-create-debug-log
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •