[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Menion

@CaptKaos2: sorry, but this happen just once? I'm not sure I can imagive what exactly happen to you, but if it repeats more offten, we should try to solve it

@gynta: thanks

@eldron: thanks. Problem with track details have to be in Locus quite long. Anyway this whole screen (generated description) change during next few months, so please wait a while. I won't fix this issue now due to planned changes.

Picture took with Locus should be stored in Locus/data/media . And since next version, photos attached to waypoints created as a part of track recording, should be exported together with track.

Why they open so slow? Do not know. I expect that when you tap on any attached image in Locus, it then opens image in any external image viewer, so it is not a problem in Locus

3 crashes - sorry :/. You are on Android 2.X? In current locus are some problems with memory and also this new screen is more memory intensive then previous versions. I'll try to improve it to next version. Otherwise if you are on A 4.X, I should use log with crash - http://support.locusmap.eu/hc/en-us/articles/200014832-How-to-create-debug-log

@balloni : ah icons, I set them on smaller size, but list resize them back :). Because menu button is removed now (in every line on right side), I think that icons may remain ;)

texts: I do not have control over these texts, weird they are black. Sorry, do not know how to fix this, because this context menu is created automatically by Android

keyboard: it's neverending problems. Don't understand why handling of keyboard from developer point of view is so complicated. I'll look at it. And last - don't you have enabled "Automatic export" for track recording function?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd last - don't you have enabled "Automatic export" for track recording function

I hate this different settings :o in Pro share exported data is disabled :D
and in testversion share exported data in enabled ???
sorry my fault
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•  

eldron

Quote from: menion on March 27, 2014, 11:43:28
@eldron: thanks. Problem with track details have to be in Locus quite long. Anyway this whole screen (generated description) change during next few months, so please wait a while. I won't fix this issue now due to planned changes.
Ok, I´ll just wait until it´s fixed. It´s not very important, as i can see the whole text in landscape mode.
Picture took with Locus should be stored in Locus/data/media . And since next version, photos attached to waypoints created as a part of track recording, should be exported together with track.
Why they open so slow? Do not know. I expect that when you tap on any attached image in Locus, it then opens image in any external image viewer, so it is not a problem in Locus
You are right, the pictures are stored in Locus/data/media, but ALSO in the DCIM/camera folder. So i guess locus just copies them. Would it be possible to change that so locus deletes the copy in the Camera folder?
I´ll have a look why it takes so long to open them, but it´s only that slow when i open them from within locus.

Yes i am using Android 2.3.6, as the android 4.x version available for my phone is not very stable. So it would be great if the memory problems could be fixed, as I am surely not the only one using android 2.x and locus ;-)

Keep up the great work!!
  •  

Menion

It's really weird with your photos. Locus just request "Hey camera app, take a photo and store it to Locus/data/media/photo directory". Thanks all!! If you have copy of this photo in different directory also, it's a problem of camera app, not a Locus. So I suggest to check another app. Opening is weird as well.

Fortunately for me, only just around 10% of Locus users remain on older 2.X Androids. I think more and more, to create perfect working version of Locus and then drop support for 2.X devices. Maybe at the end of the year, we will see. Anyway I'll try to fix it to tomorrow.
  •  

eldron

Rebooting the phone has solved the issue with opening pictures from within locus. Maybe it was a memory problem.
Why i end up with two copies of the pictures i don´t know, but i can live with that.
Guess i´ll have to eventually upgrade to android 4.x then... maybe by the end of the year there will be a stable version available for my phone.
  •  

CaptKaos2

@CaptKaos2: sorry, but this happen just once? I'm not sure I can imagive what exactly happen to you, but if it repeats more offten, we should try to solve it

It happened 3-4 times, but since yesterday I have tried to recreate it, but can't.
Hopefully on Saturday I will be in the same area I was yesterday and I can test it again.
It may be a problem with the Downloaded sqlitedb map I was using. Though that map I used on Tuesday and the problem wasn't present then.

CK
  •  

wvb

Hi menion,

Thanks for looking into the Field Note issue!
I sadly can't test the beta for now so I'll wait for the new version before uploading my Field Notes.
I also look forward to testing the correct date/time of Travel Bugs.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

gynta

Edit POI - edit coords
Locus ignore Lat/Lon format from settings

gynta

POI
it makes sense to swap current tap dialogs

shoukd be
coords -> coords
and location -> location

gynta

sometimes there is a black square...
a VM problem?

edit
add clip

gynta

hold button means alternate action. right?

there is no action here (in my case)

ta-ka

When new point is created from a long tap of the map > tap address window > add new point button at bottom, folder's icon is not assigned as point's icon. This behavior has been introduced since 2.20.0.
In case new point is directory created by 'add new point', folder's icon is assigned as point's icon.
Are these an intent?
  •  

Menion

@CaptKaos2:when you find any issue with specific map, or you will be able to simulate it, let me know, we should do something with it.

@gynta
edit coordinates - Locus remember last used settings. So it do not depend on your settings, but on type you used last time.

coordinates - it depend. I look on it more from usage point of view. Text with coordinates is much bigger and a new user by our test more often taps on coordinates then on button on right side. Maybe it's just a problem with icon which looks for you like "pick new location"?

black map - is this happen to you also on real device? Because I do not saw something like this before. So if only VM, I'll ignore it for now

long-click on quick map switch is interesting. I cannot remember if there were any special action in history. Probably not right? Then why is there this symbol? Hmm, I'll remove it, thanks :)

@ta-ka: you are probably right. It because long click now creates different "search" icon. I'll check it
  •  

ta-ka

There is an issue on icon change operation to multiple points at once then export those points to gpx file. Icons are visually changed on display however exported gpx file contains icon name before changing.  Could you confirm and fix that?

How to confirm:
1. create a work folder and create some points in it assigning icons
2. go to the work folder by locus data manager and check the points
    then change icons by tool button at bottom right > change icons
3. export points to gpx 1.1 and open the gpx file by editor

If icons are changed one by one, this issue doesn't happen.
  •