Network Synchronization

Started by Robin Kirmeier, January 09, 2014, 20:12:57

Robin Kirmeier

With so many people using tablets and smartphones now a days it sure would be nice to get some type of synchronization in locus. Sure I can backup, copy, and import but it's hassle and sometimes I go back and forth often (plan out route on tablet at home then use smartphone on the road/trail). Seems like other development has slowed down so maybe we can reconsider this now?
  •  

Menion

Good day Robin,
  unfortunately no such feature exists now. We would like to see it too, unfortunately it's not planned on next months. Maybe it looks that developing slow down, but I think we work in same speed as before, it's just not so visible because of this for example http://www.locusmap.eu/locus-gis-android-gis-application/ etc...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

noimagination

I use FolderSync to backup all of my Locus offline maps auto backup files to the cloud, which makes it very easy to synchronize between multiple devices.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: noimagination on February 03, 2014, 05:39:53
I use FolderSync to backup all of my Locus offline maps auto backup files to the cloud, which makes it very easy to synchronize between multiple devices.
Do you sync only maps? This should be ok and is more or less trivial from file operation point of view.

Or do you also sync the databases containing POIs, tracks, ...? The latter one is critical as there is e.g. one database containing all tracks. If you add/change/delete tracks on both devices you will mess up the databases.
  •  

noimagination

I synchronize maps and POI/tracks, but only in one direction (from my primary device which I use to create POI/tracks and download maps to secondary devices that simply need to view the same information).
  •  

rkirmeier

I've used FolderSync too but lately just use SuperBeam to minimize the time (half the work and faster then regular wifi) however it's BS doing this everytime...
  •