[APP] - version 2.18.X+ (updated 10.2.2014)

Started by Menion, January 03, 2014, 12:35:10

biship

I have no problems being a testing rabbit :)
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on February 06, 2014, 22:51:31... It's same as when you press home button. Even here Locus do not display any notification icon .. never thought about it - you mean it's needed?
Dont locus will be killed by the OS when there no icon?
Anyway without icon user could forget to Switch off and loose battery.
And what about the Switch locus as system service?
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Menion

I'm still not sure, if do something more with closing dialog or not. Weird ... I usually have precise opinion, but in this case, I see no importance in this, so I do not know what to do  ;D. Probably nothing for now ... time will show as usually ...

And new test version - hope that maps will finally work fine.

I also spend more then a day on Garmin maps. Don't ask me why - I don't know (also). I found a few programs that are for PC, paid and even support these maps. Many web sites that offer various kinds of IMG maps. Seems that no-one except me worry about some "terms of use" and copyright. Funny ...

Anyway I found that one of maps I use for testing is not able to load. After a long testing, I also found, that modified library that Jose (developer of Orux) provide, is very old and that in his app is much more modified version, where problem with this map is probably fixed (it works for him). And for my surprise, most of changes is done by him personally, so if he reads this by any accident, I take my hat off, because he had to invest very very very lot of time into this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on February 09, 2014, 21:44:25And new test version - hope that maps will finally work fine.
# No more problems with personal maps.
# Problems with online maps (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3613.msg26622#msg26622) still exists.
->https://www.dropbox.com/s/imsdpqnyr6s6zy2/clip__Feb_09_2014_0.mp4

berkley

Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

ta-ka

I'll report some about POI alert and Parking.

o POI alert's [Terminate] button doesn't work.

o As the [Cancel] button has been improved to the [Terminate] button, related text will be modified as well.

- 'cancel_session' : "Cancel actual action"   -> 'terminate_poi_alert' : "Terminate POI alert"
  - 'cancel_parking' : "Cancel current parking" -> 'terminate_parking' : "Terminate current parking"
  - 'do_you_really_want_to_cancel_parking' -> 'do_you_really_want_to_terminate_parking'

o I would like to ask to separate 'edit' and 'edit_session' into
    - 'modify_poi_alert', 'modify_poi_alert_desc'
    - 'modify_parking', 'modify_parking_desc'
  with concrete expression that is easy-to-understand the functions to user.
  Just "Edit" and "edit actual action" is too abstract, I think.
  •  

szebenyib

Sometimes when I start locus the 'do you really want to exit' question is there after the loading of maps is finished.
Would it be possible to check for its existence and dismiss this dialog somehow if it is there unnecessarily?
  •  

balloni55

Quote# No more problems with personal maps.
sorry, for me it didn´t work :-[
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdwlg7f0zynybyo/video_0.mp4
in screencast you see first a vectormap, zoom in in should stop at 7,6m, but i can zoom in  to 0m till the +button is greyed.
The rmap.sqlite is very slow and the switch between div. zoomlevels works only if i move the map. Zoom in in should stop at 100m, but i can zoom in  to 1m till the +button is greyed.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on February 10, 2014, 12:19:40
..should stop at 7,6m,..
? why 7,6 ? (tap on the scale)

Quotebut i can zoom in  to 0m till the +button is greyed.
congratulations  :) - and where is the problem?
-> locked zoom?

QuoteThe rmap.sqlite is very slow and the switch between div. zoomlevels works only if i move the map.
strange
same problem here - but only with online maps.
personal maps works.

balloni55

Quote..should stop at 7,6m,..

? why 7,6 ? (tap on the scale)

but i can zoom in  to 0m till the +button is greyed.

congratulations  :) - and where is the problem?
-> locked zoom?
i test both maps  parallel with the official locus pro, the same setting and "no locked zoom", see screencast the padlock is not blue highlighted and there zoom stop at 7,6m.
In Testversion it doesn´t matter zoom is locked or not
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

wait a while guys with some theories. I probably already found a problem, why all these issues (same problem) happen ...
  •  

Menion

fine, now it should be perfect. I tested it quite a lot on SGS2 and I think (personal opinion based on switching between testing and official 2.18.0), that speed improvemence in map moving/zooming is very good. Nice work :)
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on February 10, 2014, 16:50:15
...that speed improvemence in map moving/zooming is very good. Nice work :)
looking forward to have this in the next final release  :)
  •  

Bucky Kid

Thanks for the update, all kinds of maps seem to work flawlessly in RC5. Looking forwards to final release too.

•  

Menion

thanks Bucky

and gynta??

and today also Arabic?? Never knew you know so much languages ...
  •