[APP] - version 2.18.X+ (updated 10.2.2014)

Started by Menion, January 03, 2014, 12:35:10

Menion

perfect. There was "unknown" problem in compass screen. Probably caused by new ability to calibrate small pitch/roll views. Mystery for me is why there were problem, but a small change fixed it, so hope it will work :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

with new testversion 17.1.2014 - Locus 2.18.0.7
i miss function geocachetools/remove
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

all is on one place - menu > settings > misc. > clear data . In this case "Unneed geoaching data"
  •  

praetor

Quote from: menion on January 16, 2014, 08:43:14
I'm worried that there will be a low amount of people who will use this feature at all. And if now, if there will be a lot of users who will want improve work with QR Codes, I'll gladly improve it ... so we will see.
I think that's right. Let's wait until the QR code generator is included in the next official release. Then we'll see if some people want like to use this feature.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello. I'm playing with 2.18.0.7 for a while and I'm noticing not preserved selection of mapItems between app restarts, sometimes. I remember that on older versions this was preserved always. Also under some circumstances POIs for newly selected mapitem category are not shown immediately but after app restart (when selection is preserved). There might be something odd in mapItems handlling. I'll try to reproduce this.
  •  

Menion

hmm, I'm playing with this and for me seems to work correctly. If you discover anything, I may reproduce, write me .. thank you!
  •  

franc

The download link from first post:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8015949/Locus%20%28dev%29/test_versions/2.18.0.7.apk
is down:
Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Apart of this, is this a pro testing version or the free version?

frank
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

Menion

ah sorry, I just published for some specific testing tasks version .8 and .9 and by accident deleted this .7 version. I'll try to publish new testing version during this week. And about type - these test versions are always installing as Locus Free app, but works for some time as a Locus Pro, so it may be used to test all new features or just for test how Pro version works ...
  •  

szebenyib

Hi!

I have noticed a small typo in the download map window, see the screenshot attached: instead of 'then' it should be 'than'.

There is a minor bug with the compass screen, (screenshots). I have chosen navigate to, and then opened the compass. As the distance decreased it changes over to the next point (distance is big again, then starts to decrease), however the name of the point is not updated to the current one.
Example:
>>Point 47 [290m - 129m] **change should occur here somewhere, since distance has increased** Point 48 [669m]
I have not tested it with navigate along track or guiding.

•  

Menion

thank you, tomorrow I'll check it and fix it ...

anyway I just wanted to notify about this interesting discussion ... https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topics/caltopo_maps_not_supported ... really four developers? Damn what they all do? ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

•  

franc

Interesting. I will have a look at Gaia, but I can say now that it is not interesting at all if vector masks aren't supported.
Beside, I have never needed US maps (CalTopo) since yet.

Nice, that you allow this advertising of the concurrence (?) on locus support pages.

Are you developing alone?
I cannot estimate how many developers you need for an app, could be four, why not?
  •  

Menion

There are also doing version for iOS so they have more work. And also it's quite different if you work on your own project 10 hours every day or as en employe 8 hours five days a week. Anyway Locus itself yes, alone. We are anyway two on developing. Peter is currently doing on new server solution and improve a vector maps we provide over Locus.

And advertising - why not :). I'm big fan of free choice, so let users decide what they want to use ...
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: menion on January 29, 2014, 22:51:24.. really four developers? Damn what they all do? ;-)

According to their app description in google play, they also have 6(!) people doing support... Quite a big team ...
  •  

Menion

@szebenyib: both problems fixed, thank you!

@mambofive: seems we should rise number of people in Locus team .. anybody interested in work?  ;D
  •  

franc

Quote from: menion on January 30, 2014, 11:37:48...we should rise number of people in Locus team .. anybody interested in work?  ;D
Yes, I would love to do the acquiring of new customers on Maldives and Bahamas, looking forward for long stays there to acquire many new customers on the beach sides ;)

I tested a bit this Gaia app and beside a much too expensive (15 eu!!!) all average GPS app I found the IGN map for France included!
This is the only really interesting thing!
I remember when hiking in "mercantour", south France, 1.5 years ago, I needed these maps but couldn't get the download url so I copied all the jpg out from the website to use the map as pictures and this was important for our hike, the GR52A is marked on it. Other maps are more or less useless in this region.
How do they get it? Is that the reason their app so expensive, because they pay for maps like this one?
You can even download the IGN map for offline use in the app, I don't know up to which size, but there seems to be no restriction. I should scrutinize the requests with Wireshark :)

By the way, I didn't bought the app, I refunded in between 15 minutes...
  •