altitude hgt files

Started by herlek, January 30, 2014, 07:11:44

herlek

I've downloaded whole Europe .hgt files. It is about 5 Gb and 1783 files.
Is there a limit on the amount of files that can be handled by Locus. In for example in orux there is a strictly limit on the amount of files.
I've been driving around with locus last weekend on my asus fonepad 7 with shading on and it seems to be using the hgt files to shade the map. I didn't get any warnings that locus wasn't able to handle the hgt files.
  •  

Menion

I see no reason why limit amount of files ... if your device is able to provide all files from one directory, which seems is, then I see no problem ... so, no limits in Locus ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

herlek

Quote from: menion on January 30, 2014, 08:36:37
I see no reason why limit amount of files ... if your device is able to provide all files from one directory, which seems is, then I see no problem ... so, no limits in Locus ;)
That's nice. I like the shading feature of locus because it gives your maps an extra visual dimension. (without making the mapfiles "heavy")
  •  

Menion

we also like it a lot. It slow down a little, but not too much and mainly it's usable on completely all! maps in Locus. It not just needs a little 3D :), but this later ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •