Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

ommsen

•  

Menion

Hello Arcao,
  small problem for you http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3648.msg26205#msg26205 ... It's probably needed to put a small "sleep()" between requests.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hello geocachers,

New testing version 1.5.4-rc3 was released.

Changes for version 1.5.4:
• Improved Live map support
• Added notification when Live map is working
• Added configuration choice to show notification even if the Live map is disabled
• Permission to access external storage because of sending geocaches to Locus is not required any more, internal storage used instead (this fix a lot of errors received recently)
• Fixed wrong handling of plain text short/long geocache description
• Fixed App start crashes
• Other minor fixes

If you want to join to beta testing (you will receive test versions automatically from Google Play), join to Google+ Geocaching4Locus beta testing community and follow instruction there.

Also you can download testing APK directly from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvh4shu7gfpviw6/Geocaching4Locus-1.5.4-rc3.apk
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Martin Sloup

Quote from: menion on January 17, 2014, 10:41:33
Hello Arcao,
  small problem for you http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3648.msg26205#msg26205 ... It's probably needed to put a small "sleep()" between requests.

Uff. I didn't expect that someone reach the limit because it's 30 requests per minute and as you knows the Geocaching Live API server is slow. The update process separate the list of caches to 10 caches per request.

I will look on it.

Edit: Ha, I am able to reproduce it when I am updating more than 300 caches. So the Geocaching Live API server is faster than I expected.  :D

Edit: Fixed in 1.5.4-rc4 :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/0frs6ahxxcpe2vq/Geocaching4Locus-1.5.4-rc4.apk
  •  

Menion

I'm sure they lie with limits '30' ;) . Maybe '30' on first few requests. I had often this "limit reached" error when users run "GC offlinizer feature", where locus download list of images in every cache over API. Even if I put between requests Thread.sleep(2000), I sometimes received this error, which do not make sense :). Anyway thanks for fast response and update
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Eddie Felson

Hello,

At first sorry for my bad english.

I use Locus and this addon just a few days and i am very impressed!

One question about the livemap:

When i activate the live map, i can choose a cache and save this cache to an folder in locus. So far so good.

Is there ampossibility to save ALL caches that are displayed in livemap?
The reason is, i think this is a great way when i decide to geocaching i choose at home the area i want to go and save all caches to use it offline.

I hope it is understandable what i want to know :-)

Many thanks for your reply!!
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi Eddie,

for this purpose it's better to look for caches around the cross in the middle of the map screen. With this function you can import caches within a given radius and/or number of caches.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hi Eddie,

As KaHeMu said, better is to download specified count of geocaches around a point. Then Locus have all geocache data (if you have set to download full geocache data in the add-on preferences) and don't need to be on-line, see more here: http://www.geocaching4locus.eu/manual/nearest-caches.
  •  

Eddie Felson

Many thanks for your reply!

With this method the number of caches is max. 200, right?
No possibility to load more at once.

But it is not really a problem. If i want a larger area i repeat it a few times with the marker on another spot :-)

So again many thanks for your reply!!!
  •  

mhz

Hi!

Please, help. I used about 1 year plug-in Geocaching4Locus without any problem. Now I completely reinstalled my cell phone and I have this problem. I can't singn in to my geocaching account through Geocaching4Locus, it says this error: "The page contains too many server redirects" (citation is translated from other language). Otherwise with internet browser I can sign in without problem.
Can you help me with it? Version of Geocaching4Locus: 1.5.4

Thanks
  •  

John Moulson

I see the maximum number of caches around a point that can be downloaded is set at 200. I believe the api limit is 6000 so I was wondering why the limit is 200 and could it be increased?

•  

rvheddeg

Could you remove the spin control for the amount of geocaches and replace it with a edit box where we just could change the amount. I find myself scrolling from 200 to 10, or 50  and then back to 200...
Or maybe you could add an editable combobox where you remember the last 10 amounts. This is the most flexible and user friendly.
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hello geocachers,

New version 1.5.4.2 was published on Google Play (it will be available in a few hours)

Changes for version 1.5.4.2:
• Cache and log images are now handled in Locus
• Updated to latest Locus API
• Require Locus in version 2.20.1.8 or newer

See first page...
  •  

Martin Sloup

Quote from: rvheddeg on April 06, 2014, 23:13:13
Could you remove the spin control for the amount of geocaches and replace it with a edit box where we just could change the amount. I find myself scrolling from 200 to 10, or 50  and then back to 200...
Or maybe you could add an editable combobox where you remember the last 10 amounts. This is the most flexible and user friendly.

There is already editable field, just touch on number in a middle. Change a value and touch on finish button (on keyboard) to apply value. See attached picture bellow (sorry for czech enviroment:)).
  •  

Mek

Bad news - updating a cache with corrected coordinates is broken again (it was broken some time ago here).
To reproduce:
- download a mystery cache with corrected coordinates to Locus
- update the corrected coordinates to some different coordinates via GC website
- open the mystery cache in Locus and choose Update cache - it is updated but the coordinates are still old ones.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •