[APP] - version 2.18.X+ (updated 10.2.2014)

Started by Menion, January 03, 2014, 12:35:10

ta-ka

Thank you for quick response for every item.

Quote from: menion on January 14, 2014, 19:41:16
Quote from: ta-ka on January 14, 2014, 10:15:46
- The Question dialogue to 'Remove', bottom right button should be 'Remove' as well in stead of 'Delete'.
isn't this oposite? There is "Remove" already set

Sorry for my poor explanation.  Please have a look at the image below. Operation start from 'Remove' button and confirmed by 'Delete' button. My point was to use the same word.

- POI alert > Text-to-speech Play : It seems test voice is not properly assigned.
sorry, do not understand

Sorry again. By tapping 'Play' button of the POI alert's Text-to-speech test, I heard something like 'T POI alert test'. 'T' won't be needed.

- Test voice by the Text-to-speech Play button for 'out of track(navigation and guide)', 'next point' and 'poi alert'(maybe) is always 'Do you like Locus?'. How about to assign appropriate sample voice from *.tts for each notification test play?
I'll try to improve it

Thanks. With this improvement, I'm sure the above poi alert's test issue will gone as well. :)

Some more things...

Attaching audio, video and other files:
- As soon as ATTACHMENT tab is selected, Locus always opens software keyboard but there is no field for texts.

- When points are exported as gpx or kml, not only photo file but also audio/video/other files are copied into '*-photo' folder. Folder name may be updated to '*-media' or '*-attachment'.

ability to define items below and above "add new path" line (in cfg file):
- distance:1 and bearing:2 works fine but ETA:3 and elevation:4 shows nothing. (I've srtm files installed in Locus/data/srtm folder.) Btw, What is ETA? Estimate Time of Arrival?
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni: why this?
you already built a folder structure in locus
-media
-photo_parking
-photo_poi
-photo_screenshot
i think to searche  a photo in photofolder is much sipler as to search in a big mixed mediafolder for it.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

to be true, I want to completely remove these photo folders. Because photo_parking contain always just max one photo, and "photo_screenshots" is not used too often probably, so these pictures may be also in media ...

hmm and what about structure

Locus/data/media/audio
Locus/data/media/photo
Locus/data/media/video
Locus/data/media/screenshots
Locus/data/media/others

possible? Maybe this will make all this stuff better organized
  •  

balloni55

QuoteLocus/data/media/audio
Locus/data/media/photo
Locus/data/media/video
this structure sounds good :D clear :) and it is enaugh ;)
QuoteLocus/data/media/screenshots
it is always empty by me, screenshots of my device are not stored in this folder
QuoteLocus/data/media/others
what is your idea to store in it?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka - thanks, all fixed.
You're correct with ETA and elevation. ETA is what you wrote - estimated time computed from current speed and "elevation" is little bit CPU consuming in cases you move with points fast, so I'll rather remove both these possibilities from config file description

@balloni:
You have empty screenshots directory when you take "Screenshot" with locus > menu > share feature? Have to check it. And what place to "others"? For now, photo from "Parking" feature ;)
  •  

balloni55

Quotewhen you take "Screenshot" with locus > menu > share feature?
i didnt noticed and used this function till jet ::)
i tried it now, it is simple to use and it works well :D, so this folder Locus/data/media/screenshots is uesfull
thanks for opening my eyes
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

praetor

Quote from: menion on January 03, 2014, 12:35:10
5.1.2014 - Locus 2.18.0.1
changes
- added new feature "QR Code generator"
The QR code generator works well. (I'm the guy who has wanted this feature  ;))
There is already an application that used this feature for precise geolocation photos taken by external camera. It is an add-on for FixFoto (http://www.j-k-s.com/) or Photo Perfect (http://www.photoperfect.com/photoperfect-introduction.html:

But the QR code generator is still not perfect.  8)
Made up the photo of the QR code, the time is already outdated. It would be very, very nice if the QR code would update automatically every few seconds. And for safety's sake should date and time below the QR code with be mapped in a readable form.
  •  

Menion

hmm understand. Anyway this require another few hours of work till this should work correctly. I'm worried that there will be a low amount of people who will use this feature at all. And if now, if there will be a lot of users who will want improve work with QR Codes, I'll gladly improve it ... so we will see.
  •  

KaHeMu

This QR-code function isn't related to coordinates. Maybe it could be an additional feature in an separated app? Otherwise Locus becomes bigger and bigger.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

ta-ka

Hi menion,

I found that on HTC J (Japanese version of HTC One S, android 4.0.4), just after opening GPS screen, Locus(Test 2.18.0.5) is forcibly closed with the message "Unfortunately, Locus Free has stopped.". It doesn't happen on Locus Pro(2.18.0). May I ask to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: thank you! If you will have time, check please test version. For me on Xperia X8 also with 4.0.4 it works fine ...

@KaHeMu: it's a question - it's related to Geolocation of photos as well as track record. I found it also very useful to share specific location to another user. It's very easy and fast ...
  •  

tommi

I get drop box 404 error when I try to download 2.18.0.6
  •  

Menion

sorry tommi, you are too fast. I found one small issue, so I deleted version, generated new and now is uploading. After 10 minutes will be ready. Anyway there is probably nothing too interesting for you I think. It's mainly version with many small fixes that various people reported ... but more users will try, better of course :) Have a nice evening!
  •  

ta-ka

I've confirmed GPS screen works fine on HTC J with Locus Test 2.18.0.7.
Thank you for prompt fix! :)
  •