[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

jusc

I read it, but it´s not really clear how can I use it.
Is it an own standalone application? For hiking or biking users it is perhaps not soooo usefull.
But why not.  :) Maybe in the future...
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

yes, it's a completely independent app. It just share part of code with locus around map handling and some GUI stuff. Purpose is for people that wants to use their device for some surveying, data collecting, some "profesional" tasks, not hike & bike and similar.

Purpose is simple - more and more people use Locus for some work tasks, not just free time, and write us - add this, add that etc. And because I want to keep Locus itself focused on free time activities and because I like all these stuff around surveying etc., result is this app. It won't be probably nothing for you, it's just my small excuse, that I do not invest my full time to Locus itself last weeks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on December 17, 2013, 07:38:25
I have something in my mind, and I'm sure that soon or later ... ;)
Fine, I knew that the developer heart is beating strong in you're breast ;-).

Quote from: menion on December 17, 2013, 07:38:25
btw. did you saw this? http://www.locusmap.eu/locus-gis-android-gis-application/ , just to notify, that I do not waste time
Yes, I read the article and I find it interesting though up to know I didn't have any contact with GIS. I'm not sure what you want from me as I don't see any test version.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: tommi on December 17, 2013, 16:51:15
Yes, I read the article and I find it interesting though up to know I didn't have any contact with GIS. I'm not sure what you want from me as I don't see any test version.

Hehe, nothing :). First public test version will be probably in ... hmm April 2014, maybe later. And even then, I will need people that work in GIS. There are two reasons why I mentioned it. 1. because I do not know what everybody of you do in your life, so it should be interesting for you. 2. As I wrote in my previous post - "it's just my small excuse, that I do not invest my full time to Locus itself last weeks"
  •  

zossebart

Hi,
I played around a little bit with the new functionality in "route & measure" in the testing version 2.17.4.3. This works great! With the automatic recalculations we have a very handy tool for route creation now!
Deleting a point in the middle of the route is great, but even better is the ability to add an additional point between two existing points with the little red dots! Thank you very much for this feature! I hope we get the functionality in the "normal" version soon.

I also tried the new grouping function for POIs. Also very handy! Thanks!
  •  

Menion

glad you like it. Public version will be after christmas. Current version seems to be very stable and without serious problems and I do not want to publish a version with possible problems now
  •  

druki

Quick view settings: Bug or normal behaviour that I don't have all settings in the recent testing version?
My quick view:

Settings in Pro (mind "Zeitringe" ) :

Settings current test version (2.17.4.3)

•  

Menion

ah nice discover - thanks. It's probably older problem that come in version, when was removed "Modules". Settings you miss in testing version were available only in case, you had enabled "Advanced module".

Anyway problem is fixed now, thank you!
  •  

Menion

hope you all have calm and relaxing days. I've prepared one version, probably RC (release candidate) so if anyone is interested, may try. During next week, I want to publish new version, so write me if you'll have any problems or wishes
  •  

tommi

Menion, the out of track message isn't repeated anymore. If you leave the navigation track the out of track notification it comes only once but not repeated every 30secs as in older versions.
Nice greetings to your Mom.
  •  

Menion

Hello Tommi,
  please check "Out of track notification" settings. There is a new field "Repeat every X seconds". Do you have enabled this settings?
  •  

tommi

•  

Henk van der Spek

Well, new in 2.17.4  playstore version. I found that out during a hike two days ago.  :(  But works great and on/off not. sound through quick switch also.
But not really having time to test RC version, maybe later.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

I'm not sure I fully understand - this new settings that allow enable/disable repeating of "out of track" notification works fine anyway On/Off over Quick switch do not work?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

All works great. "not. sound" means "notification sound". I can toggle it on/off with the Quick Switch .
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •