[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

Menion

ah you are correct. Probably yes :) for now you have to move with one of points, but this make of course sense. My mistake ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

- so track will be re-computed also when you delete one point in the middle (locus compute route between previous and new point). Also did you tried tap and drag with small red points? Also useful ;)

- and becuase I went to point, that a lot of folders with points cause quite a mess in my private data, here is weekend result. It do not have any extended functionality, just grouping, so do not expect a more

nice rest of weekend to all!
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,
many thanks for your weekend job.
Grouping of directories seems to be interesting feature to divide similar kind of points in a second level. But how can we activate/ select this feature in 2.17.4.2?

Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

c'mon, it's just taste of upcomming feature ;). You have to wait to next test version ...
  •  

jajaballard

Quote from: menion on December 16, 2013, 01:37:08
c'mon, it's just taste of upcomming feature ;). You have to wait to next test version ...

Gruss Ralf von unterwegs

•  

Menion

version is uploading. Will be ready to download in first post ...
  •  

KaHeMu

Aahhh, this morning I was swimming and menion uploaded the new version with data grouping. Many thanks for this!
Now I tried it and created a new group "Italy". Then assigned some POI directories to this group like camping sites, hotels and so on. It works very well.
Maybe it could be easier to assign POI directories to groups directly from the three points menu at directory p.ex. but it's only the first time you assign a lot of data to groups.
Best of all, new feature don't take effect to Locus pro version without this feature.

Good work!!
Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

ah I forget to suggest to do backup of databases before, because this update change database system a little ... never mind, seems it works fine.

Yes, I agree it may take a while to set up this, but as you wrote - it's just for the first time.

If you have some groups created, then every new folder you create should be immediately attached to any group, so it won't be a problem ... enjoy ;)
  •  

KaHeMu

Data backup should be as a matter of course if working with test version.

Importing geocaches with API you see the categories and groups with categories in it, very well. But if you are moving POIs from one category to another in group, in select list you see only all categories without group info. In some cases with the same name of categories it could be important in which group they are.
Ahhh I see, same names aren't possible! Then the comment above is only for a straight GUI.

Regards,
KaHeMu
  •  

Menion

ah anyway good point. In case you tap on point > edit, then in list of categories, all groups/folders are visible correctly, because groups are visible as a blue labels. I'll do same here (when you move/copy points)

EDIT: 30 minutes later: done, on all possible places where you move/copy/choose from points or tracks folders, will be also visible these groups
  •  

KaHeMu

I guess whole  functionality will be in next Version? ;-)

In data manager we can see a symbol for directory, which is the same for opened or closed group. Would it be possible you can integrate two different symbols like in some file managers?

Just i tested new recalculation for tracks with Brouter p.ex. In combination with easy deleting of points of the track it's a very good tool to test different routes.

Regards,
KaHeMu
  •  

tommi

Quote from: KaHeMu on December 16, 2013, 21:50:30
I guess whole  functionality will be in next Version? ;-)

In data manager we can see a symbol for directory, which is the same for opened or closed group. Would it be possible you can integrate two different symbols like in some file managers?

Just i tested new recalculation for tracks with Brouter p.ex. In combination with easy deleting of points of the track it's a very good tool to test different routes.

Regards,
KaHeMu
In my opinion missing here is add points in the middle of the track, not necessary to say that route recalculation is mandatory here as well.
Then I think we are not so far away from united track creation and editing. :)
  •  

Menion

yes, I was also thinking about this, but editing is quite a slow (moving with points, lots of recalculation, etc.) so enabling editing for whole long track (few thousands of points) is currently really not possible.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on December 17, 2013, 07:10:29
yes, I was also thinking about this, but editing is quite a slow (moving with points, lots of recalculation, etc.) so enabling editing for whole long track (few thousands of points) is currently really not possible.
IMHO only the point before and the point after need to be affected assuming points are stored in a linked list.
  •  

Menion

I have something in my mind, and I'm sure that soon or later ... ;)

btw. did you saw this? http://www.locusmap.eu/locus-gis-android-gis-application/ , just to notify, that I do not waste time
  •