Profile settings for diffent usage profiles

Started by big, November 22, 2013, 21:34:43

big

Hi,

My suggestion:
It would be nice if I could store different settings for different usage profiles, for example:
- when I use navigation in the car, I would have some settings activated: automatic zoom, no lock screen, turning map, etc.
- when I'm looking for a cache, some other settings might be active: no turning map, no auto-zoom, etc.

So, I would like to be able to define a set of settings depending on the actual action Locus is performing. When I navigate, the navigation set is activated (by hand, better automatic), When I use Locus for caching, another set of settings will become active (manual, automatic would be difficult...).

What are you thinking?

Cheers, Lutz.
  •  

berkley

I use the buillt in "Backup Manager" to handle different profiles... just saying ;)
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:backup_manager
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tommi

Quote from: berkley on November 22, 2013, 22:48:04
I use the buillt in "Backup Manager" to handle different profiles... just saying ;)
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:backup_manager
Hi Berkeley,
Yes, I also use the backup manager with settings-only for this purpose.
What reduces the fun using this is that Locus decides it wants to be restarted afterwards which is in my opinion almost always redundant and costs time.
Why do I think it's redundant: interactively I can change all settings without the need to restart. The only setting which requires a restart is a change of the language but in my different settings I always use the same language.

@Menion, do you think you can improve this?
  •  

Menion

I was already thinking about ability to define specific profiles and ability to switch them quickly. Unfortunately, it's not just "language". It's almost half of settings that is "cached" for faster use and that is set just once during start. I'll anyway keep this in mind and try to do something with it, because it's not impossible task
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on November 23, 2013, 11:11:27
I was already thinking about ability to define specific profiles and ability to switch them quickly. Unfortunately, it's not just "language". It's almost half of settings that is "cached" for faster use and that is set just once during start. I'll anyway keep this in mind and try to do something with it, because it's not impossible task
Thank you!
  •  

big

Thanks! Looking forward to have it!

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

•