Possibility to abort internet related actions

Started by big, November 22, 2013, 21:43:49

big

Hi,

actually there is no way to stop actions, that try to lookup network resources, like the geocaching page. The progress bar is visible and Locus is unusable until it succeeds or it times out. It would be a big help if these operations would be aboard-able, like it is possible when the navigation tries to lookup the GPS signal. Hitting on "wait..." button terminates the action.

Thanks!

Cheers, Lutz.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  some time ago, there were no ability to cancel any tasks. Anyway I started to add "cancel" buttons to some loading dialogs. because I need to test and check every single loading dialog, it just works on a few of them. I'll look at it and give "cancel" ability to more places, promise :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

As most of "loading dialogs" are Async Tasks: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/AsyncTask.html
Why don't you send them to status bar? Maybe only for long operations...

Just this morning i've exported around 200 tracks to dropbox on poor internet connection and it took around an hour, where I couldn't use my phone...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

hmm good idea. Little hard to do in case of long running operations, but thanks, I'll think about it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

You are already calculating the progress in percent.
If (for example) 2% take longer than 10 seconds, show an additional button to hide (and/or cancel) the task.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •