Alternative route in navigation

Started by franc, November 20, 2013, 10:39:44

franc

Hello

Is it possible to get a different route with locus navigation, an alternative way like this is given in Google navigation?

At the moment I want to navigate through Italy to Germany but I don't want to pass Switzerland, which unfortunately is the shortest way.
Google navigation gives me this alternative but I don't find this possibility in locus.
Possible?

Thank you.

Frank
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

jusc

I think, you have at least to set one "via" point to get an alternative route.
Do you use the brouter app? This app creates an alternative route automatically if it found a brouter0.gpx with same "from" an "to" point.
Regards J.
  •  

franc

What do you mean with via point?
Just a simple point called via?
I don't see anything about this on the documentation on:

http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:screens:navigation_screen

Could you explain or provide a link?

Brouter was the first I tried but I got a:

"Reverse link not found" error. I am sure I have all segments but even if I hadn't, it would be too late now to download - if this error is related to lack of segments anyway.
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

jusc

Ah ok,
the via1 to viaX are points that can brouter interpret as targets in between the start and last point.
With Locus you have to set p. e the first target point in Austra if you donĀ“t want to step over Switzerland.
With brouter as routing engine you have nothing else to do as to set start point, second point in Austria last point at home. Locus will combine these points automatically to one route. With other routing engines like Mapquest or Cludemade it normally should also work in the same way.
What you want, to get an alternative route with only two points, is not possible at the moment as far as I know.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

To define intermediate destinations is not possible in Locus navigation screen but in Locus Route and Measure screen.
  •