[APP] - version 2.17.X+ (updated 28.12.2013)

Started by Menion, October 30, 2013, 13:56:32

Menion

28.12.2013 - Locus 2.17.4.7

changes
- changed UI of list of export types
- small fixes, improvements, optimizations

16.12.2013 - Locus 2.17.4.3

changes
- possibility to create groups for points & tracks
- improved recompute of tracks during working in "Add new route & measure" function

14.12.2013 - Locus 2.17.4.2

Finally after almost 14 days, testing version.

changes
- added export to RunKeeper service
- added export to Strava service
- improved system for creating new paths manually
- improved selecting of area for downloading online maps
- some minor fixes

28.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.4

new version is ready for download

20.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.3

new version is ready for download, damn geocaching logs ...

15.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.2

new version is ready for download

13.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.1.3 - RC

changes
- added Japan GSI maps (who has free evening and is from Japan (or plan trip), please try these 18! map layers and let me know, which of them should remain in Locus, because many of them seems to be quite useless.
- fixed small problems with "navigation generator"
- a lot of small fixes

Btw. Japan GSI maps have been added thanks to amazing work of ta-ka, who almost everyday communicated with Japan map owners, then with us, then with them ... and this all almost month. After that we signed some papers that comes from Japan and again some communication - crazy. Anyway thanks ta-ka a lot :) )

download - direct link

6.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.1.1

changes
- a lot of small fixes

3.11.2013 - Locus 2.17.1

new version (mainly bugfixes + USGS maps)

30.10.2013 - Locus 2.17.0

new version is slowly uploading to Google Play and other servers
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
thanks for new version :D
QuoteDuring my tests i have noticed, that the stored picture in "locus/data/photo_poi" is not deleted when i delete the poi.

The pictures are not deleted anymore after i delete the poi
unfortunately this behavior still exist :(
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Bucky Kid

I'm so glad that the map dancing bug is gone, thanks for the hard work.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: you're welcome. I know about "problem" with images. I'm still not sure how to simply solve it (because I don't want to delete image if is needed in different point)

@bucky: problem found yesterday, so I was finally able to release version ;)
  •  

szebenyib

Locus causes so much joy to me, thanks for improving it all the time. I am happy to see the improvements because the app is becoming more beautiful, and more feature rich even if I cannot imagine any further improvements. Other than that if it weren't for Locus I would not have started geocaching and had I not started geocaching I would not have become fond of hiking. Thanks for the many happy moments and experiences and positive impact on my life and providing my phone with the most valuable app of all.
  •  

Menion

oh it's very nice szebenyib :) thank you too, because without such happy users, our work has no sense
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on October 30, 2013, 16:04:35
@balloni: you're welcome. I know about "problem" with images. I'm still not sure how to simply solve it (because I don't want to delete image if is needed in different point)
perhaps with an additional checkbox

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

stebu

The geocache waypoint importing with GPX has changed (is broken :( )
If a geocache has more than one waypoint, the first is included with the cache, the rest are imported as separate waypoints without a link to the actual geocache.
A shortened version of the GPX is included and a photo attached.
This has worked on previous versions "forever"!

{wpt lat="61.845433" lon="24.171367"}{time}2010-12-23T05:30:08Z{/time}
{name}GC2EPZ3{/name}{desc}Finnish graticule challenge: Gold UdbR2EPZ3 i:kolmiomittauspist
{sym}Geocache{/sym}{type}Geocache|Groundspeak{/type}
{groundspeak:cache id="1875071" available="True" archived="False" xmlns:groundspeak="http
{groundspeak:name}Finnish graticul UdbR2EPZ3{/groundspeak:name}
{groundspeak:placed_by}wesbridge{/groundspeak:placed_by}{groundspeak:owner id="11"}wesbri
{groundspeak:type}Groundspeak{/groundspeak:type}{groundspeak:container}Regular{/groundspe
{groundspeak:attributes}
{groundspeak:attribute id="41" inc="0"}stroller{/groundspeak:attribute}
{/groundspeak:attributes}
{groundspeak:difficulty}4.5{/groundspeak:difficulty}{groundspeak:terrain}2.5{/groundspeak
{groundspeak:short_description html="True"}{![CDATA[Finnish graticule challenge: Gold{br}
{groundspeak:long_description html="True"}{![CDATA[{br}***#Smile# 2013-09-22(Geojusu)Pitk
{/groundspeak:cache}{/wpt}
{wpt lat="61.847250" lon="24.171167"}{time}2011-08-02T07:00:00Z{/time}{name}PA2EPZ3{/name}...{/wpt}
{wpt lat="61.851250" lon="24.204050"}{time}2011-08-02T07:00:00Z{/time}{name}PB2EPZ3{/name}...{/wpt}
{wpt lat="61.856183" lon="24.175450"}{time}2011-08-02T07:00:00Z{/time}{name}PC2EPZ3{/name}...{/wpt}
{wpt lat="61.848933" lon="24.164000"}{time}2011-08-02T07:00:00Z{/time}{name}PD2EPZ3{/name}...{/wpt}
{wpt lat="66.000000" lon="24.000000"}{time}2010-10-25T12:55:42Z{/time}
{name}GC207DB{/name}{desc}Sudoku - Backwoods U4aS207DB=FFFFFFFF:3H04:F=1{/desc}
{sym}Geocache{/sym}{type}Geocache|Groundspeak{/type}
{groundspeak:cache id="1443063" available="True" archived="False" xmlns:groundspeak="http

•  

Menion

@balloni: genial, thanks ;)

@stebu: weird that no one found this problem during testing. I'll fix it tomorrow. There will probably be more problems to solve, so I'll fix them all and release some new version at start of next week. And thank you for report!
  •  

stebu

Quote from: menion on October 30, 2013, 21:20:59
@stebu: weird that no one found this problem during testing. I'll fix it tomorrow. There will probably be more problems to solve, so I'll fix them all and release some new version at start of next week. And thank you for report!
I'm sorry if I've been lazy testing  ::) . But Locus has worked so well for me and for geocaching, that the recent changes are mostly indifferent for me.
  •  

ch3ch2o6

Hello !
I have tested the new version with a file MBT of 5,3 Go : Locus is now abble to open this size.
Great job. Thanks.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSelecting more files is wired, after klick on threedot button/select the download window apeares.
why we have different funktion of the "threedotbuttons" ?

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

bianchifan

I didn't look up here for a couple of week but i tought, that someone would catch that problem..
There are two probs due to new file management which causes a little unconvenience ;)
1st : tab selection of "map space" called "visible tabs":
Every time I want to deselect an unneccesary tab the selector disappears and must be newly called.
2nd: Changing a Theme/style causes the lost of the card, the proggie locates the 1st map in listed directory.

- I do use mapsforge vector maps only
- I do not use locus' preferred dir but a dir of my own, it's not included in own maps but in vector maps

For my 1st map in this dir is FaroerIslands Locus chooses FaroerIslands every time I change the theme
  •  

Menion

@balloni: ability to delete also photo as you suggested added. Anyway problem still remain in case, you delete more files at once for example in Points folder. This is quite complicated task for now. If I do it in same way as now, it will slow down deleting a lot, because I need to completely load whole point from database to check if there are any attached photos ... but partial solution is complete

"select" button in file browser removed - it's confusing and not needed because it has same function as direct tap on item in list

@stebu: import probably fixed.

@bianchifan
1) because hiding of tabs is feature, that I believe you don't use too much often, I think it's not a problem.
2) I'm unable to simulate it, but you have probably enabled auto-loading and locus is trying to automatically load best map. Anyway you still should see whole screen covered with map aren't you?
  •  

balloni55

The POI´s/geocaches are not fixed to the map, they glide away while moving map
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lqzbollm2xoxou/video_1.mp4
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •