Snap to track for basic information

Started by Christian, October 05, 2013, 23:43:46

Christian

I use the information of "distance went | distance to go | altitude" - shown when the cross / map center is over the track - quite often. Unfortunately snapping to the track is sometimes difficult, sometimes not possible. Don't know why. May be due the calculation time by the processor or radiation by aliens....

I would like to have a function "snap to track" to show the info mentioned above or a function "display basic info" should contain "distance went | distance to go | altitude | altitude difference  still to go"

What do you think?
Thanks for comments,
Christian
  •  

Menion

Hi Christian,
  I think, that main problem is that there is no "snapping" to track now :). Locus check only points!! on track, not track itself. You may see it better in case you have just a few points on track (longer distance between them).

Testing if map center is over any of track point is quite fast, compare to testing to whole track, not just points ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

Hi Menion,
you can call it "snap to nearest point" or something else...  8)
The important thing to me is ... how to get fastly the basic information of the track? I'm not interested in twiddling with the cross oder snap something like in a adventure game...

New idea (instead of snapping something):

a new button "basic track / position  info" (i) for the right panel displays the diagram and the basic info of the track like this:

see attachement.

so we have all the basic information about the track and the position on the track = "distance went | distance to go | altitude | altitude difference  still to go"

That would be a great support for getting the needed info instantly.

Any recommendations?

Ahoi,
Christian

addition: i use Locus pro for mountainbiking. A quick single tap for basic info during cycling / rolling is desired ...
  •  

Menion

•  

Christian

Yes, its the same request, 1year old with the same idea of chart over map. Thanx for this hint.
but...
...why the hell there are two forums needed for one application and one wishlist?
there are parallele universes?

Do you plan to implement this feature?

Thanx,
Christian

edit by mod
reason: reduced volume
  •  

Menion

more forums = better :) ... just kidding ... long term problem of locus support ...

and plan? yes, question is "time"
  •  

Christian

"time" is the solution, "when" is the question.

What can i do to put higher priority on this request?
Christian

*using big characters in my last post had a meaning.

•  

Menion

Quote from: Christian on October 06, 2013, 21:50:31
What can i do to put higher priority on this request?

currently nothing. I'm aware that this feature is "needed" and has quite a lot of voices, but I'm currently working on few other tasks, so there is really no time for this now

Quote from: Christian on October 06, 2013, 21:50:31
using big characters in my last post had a meaning

my answer also. There is currently too much places where you, or generally users, may get some feedback. Because all sites has already quite a lot of topics that we don't want to loose, there is currently no simple solution how to unite them. But it will have to come ...
  •