[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

ta-ka

•  

tramp20

Hi Menion,
could you please repair this behavior at saving a track?
During 2-3 seconds I see this display.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Hi Menion,
another bug: If I am in the map manager (buying vector maps) then with a long tap on back menu key the app Locus is killed.

This seems to happen only when I am deeper in the map manager.

User ID acc406201
  •  

druki

Maybe a bug?: Displaying Openstreetmap notes don't work (even in the current Pro PlayStore Version). I have read http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:openstreetbugs but even if I activate the function to display OSM Bugs and wait for several minutes without moving the map, nothing is displayed. Sending of notes seems to work (message about success).
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  thank you for a some free time you gave me. No serious bugs reported, no urgent wishes, so enough of free time to work :). Result of this, is completely rewrote GUI of Locus. There probably still remain few places with old popup windows, but all will be slowly changed.

Because, there appear new problem with MapQuest routing (which is fixed in this version), together with problem of Geocaching, tile loading on personal maps and few others, I'll have to release version next week, even it wasn't planned. So everything that you want like to change or fix, immediately write me :). Also some opinions on improved design are welcome.

I hope, that all will be now better usable, more clear and also a little bit faster. Enjoy and I'm looking for your comments ;) Nice weekend btw.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on September 21, 2013, 10:10:32
Result of this, is completely rewrote GUI of Locus. There probably still remain few places with old popup windows, but all will be slowly changed.

It looks really bad:

User ID acc406201
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion,
the step back to the POI list from the detail window is very good. The new look with the menus we have to learn, for me the former one was more clear.

Regards
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk 4
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Bucky Kid

Quote from: KaHeMu on September 21, 2013, 13:38:43
for me the former one was more clear.

Yep I find the old design nicer too, if I could wish preserve both interfaces upon user's choice.

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 2

•  

Menion

@tramp: thanks, bug, fixed

KaHeMu, Bucky Kid: design is closer to how android looks by default. There are no plans to allow choose, sorry. I see there anyway few big advantages. Better visibility outside (on sun, bright light), bigger buttons, united design on all screen, more spaces on screens because Ok/Cancel buttons are usually in top action bar now, and few more.
  •  

ta-ka

Hello, menion. I'll report what I've noticed in test version 2.15.1.4.

- The map disappearing bug that I've reported in this topic is still exist. Could you please check that?

- Locus crashes when the way of sorting of the online maps is changed.

- I expect that 'INFORMATION Tab' and 'CHART Tab' of tracks are changeable by swipe.

- 'Add maps' is available for personal maps and vector maps but WMS maps uses '+' Button.
  Same interface may be better.

- Data -> Points/Tracks -> folder -> selection button -> 'Invert':
  'Invert selection' is defined in strings.xml. This is better I think. But you might prefer shorter word.

- Data -> Points/Tracks -> folder -> sort button -> 'Invert'
  Could you change this to 'Reverse' or 'Reverse sort'?

- Could you please create 'function_visible' and 'function_hidden' for [More] -> Pencil Icon -> 'Visible' and 'Hidden'?
  'Visible' is used at dashboard editor for Satellites(Visible). It makes a problem on translation.
  •  

michaelbechtold

21.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.4 shows endless flicker, but no POIs when using the country DBs; at least back button returns to working Locus
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: thank you for a precise report. Problem in sorting of maps seems to be (by reports I received) a problem in Android itself (some versions). I colorize by orange color text, which sorting is currently enabled and this cause a problem. Locus crash for you only here? because for example in data manager > points > sort, there is also orange highlight for currently selected sorting method. No crash here?

- you also added link to some map problems, may you put here correct link?

- tabs in track screen were never scrolling. There is a problem with scrolling a chart itself, so swiping for tabs is disabled here

- "Add maps" - hmm I'll think about it. "Add maps" button in WMS is anyway much more important then adding some external maps for Personal/Vector, where most users never use it

- texts problems - added/fixed - agree :)

@michael: I've fixed small problem that may cause it, you'll see in next test version, otherwise I ask you for a log (not now, just if same problem occur in next version also)
  •  

stebu

maps/menu/settings/online maps:

I couldn't find a way to disable online maps by the provider.

Only by disabling each individual map, the provider will disappear from the list.
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on September 22, 2013, 09:16:10
Problem in sorting of maps seems to be (by reports I received) a problem in Android itself (some versions). I colorize by orange color text, which sorting is currently enabled and this cause a problem.
As you mentioned that it's depend on android versions, I tried to reproduce the crash problem on three devices, HTC J (android 4.0.4, stock rom), Galaxy Note 2 (android 4.1.1, stock rom), Galaxy Tab 7 (android 4.2.2, CM10.1) and I confirmed that Locus 2.15.1.4 crashed on all devices when online map sorting method is changed from provider to any of Smart choice/Country/Usage. Hmm...
Locus crash for you only here? because for example in data manager > points > sort, there is also orange highlight for currently selected sorting method. No crash here?
I confirmed that there is no crash by changing sort method in data manager -> points/tracks on all my devices.
- you also added link to some map problems, may you put here correct link?
Oh, sorry! Here is correct links.
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3374.msg23800#msg23800
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3374.msg23801#msg23801
- tabs in track screen were never scrolling. There is a problem with scrolling a chart itself, so swiping for tabs is disabled here
I understood the reason and I agree. Btw, I forgot to mention that X-axis and Y-axis of Chart are hard to read because of black background color and dark text color.
- "Add maps" - hmm I'll think about it. "Add maps" button in WMS is anyway much more important then adding some external maps for Personal/Vector, where most users never use it
I see. It's just my personal feeling and your deeper consideration should be more important. :)
- texts problems - added/fixed - agree :)
Thanks!
  •  

john_percy

My issues at present:

1. I agree that Add maps control in all tabs ought to look similar. Took me some hunting to realise how to add WMS
2. I have problems with missing tiles (including on vector maps), usually resolved by zooming in and out again, or by panning left or right and back again
3. Some overlays, such as the one below, appear not to cache properly. Although fine on initial display, they lose transparency when the tile is redisplayed and produce an effect like below (as reported by brotbuexe earlier)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <providers>
    <provider id="11711" type="0" visible="false" required="false" background="-1">
        <name>Overlays</name>
        <mode>Clouds base</mode>
        <url><![CDATA[http://mts{s}.google.com/mapslt?src=app&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}&lyrs=weather_0cloud&s=Galileo]]></url>
        <serverPart>0;1;2;3</serverPart>
        <zoomPart>{z}-8</zoomPart>
        <zoomMin>8</zoomMin>
        <zoomMax>14</zoomMax>
        <tileSize>256</tileSize>
        <attribution><![CDATA[(c)2013 Google]]></attribution>
        <extraHeader><![CDATA[User-Agent#Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1]]></extraHeader>
        <extraHeader><![CDATA[Referer#http://maps.google.com/]]></extraHeader>
    </provider>
    <provider id="11712" type="0" visible="true" background="11711">
        <name>Overlays</name>
        <mode>Icons and Clouds</mode>
        <url><![CDATA[http://mts{s}.google.com/mapslt?src=app&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}&lyrs=weather_c_mph|invert:0&s=Galileo]]></url>
        <serverPart>0;1;2;3</serverPart>
        <zoomPart>{z}-8</zoomPart>
        <zoomMin>8</zoomMin>
        <zoomMax>26</zoomMax>
        <tileSize>256</tileSize>
        <attribution><![CDATA[(c)2013 Google]]></attribution>
        <extraHeader><![CDATA[User-Agent#Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1]]></extraHeader>
        <extraHeader><![CDATA[Referer#http://maps.google.com/]]></extraHeader>
    </provider>
</providers>

PS
4. Pink. Yuk.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •