[APP] - version 2.15.X+ (updated 27.9.2013)

Started by Menion, September 04, 2013, 12:57:05

Menion

General information

• using of these Beta versions, is on your own risk. Always keep your data backuped, just for sure
  • list of changes is always related to previous test version, not to last public version
  • all Test versions, works as Locus Pro on limited time, so you may use them also for testing Pro features

27.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.10

changes
- last fixes

download - direct link
discussion since - this topic

26.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.9

changes
- GUI improvements and fixes

25.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.8

changes
- GUI improvements and fixes

21.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.4

changes
- big GUI rewrite
- fixed MapQuest routing
- many small bug-fixes

13.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.1.2

Hi to all. Do you want a real BETA version? I'm doing some changes in GUI now. Mainly because Locus is quite often criticized because of un-united layout, weird GUI etc, I'll slowly change all possible screen to same functionality but united design.

There are also some changes, that are not yet perfectly tested. Peter plan some real user testing next week, but I'll be also glad for some feedback from you

changes to 2.15.1

big changes
- completely removed modules
- new style for list of functions (menu > more)

GUI changes (mainly visible on tables or landscape)
- improving data export screen, parking screen, POI alert, navigation screen, altitude manager, geocaching Live API screen
- improvements on sizes of buttons etc. to look better on huge resolution screens

others
- improvements in navigationGenerator (now generate orders for completely all points, even first or last)
- fixed problem with change from Personal map to SmartMaps after start
- fixed problems with log times reported over Geocaching Live API
- fixed problem with loading caches over G4L add-on (basic members)
- fixed problems with refreshing guiding on points from network link
- improved list of geocache logs
- fixed POI grouping on navigation tracks (grouped orders)
- fixed problem with loading online tiles with expired validity
- fixed small problem with searching root folder on storage/sdcard

4.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.0

new version is slowly uploading to Google Play and other servers. Enjoy
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

you should change the date of the line 4.8.2013 - Locus 2.15.0 to 4.9.2013 - Locus 2.15.0 or?

Regards J.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Thanks menion for implementing the merge track order selector. I'm however still a bit confused about the meaning of "Merge with spaces" option.
  •  

joeloc

Sorry to spoil the party menion... but the "unknown problem" when zooming around RMAPs or SQLITEmaps is still there. Did you actually try to fix it? This is not something "obscure" that only happens once in a lifetime. I can reproduce it within just a few seconds with each single one of my raster maps.

This is a NEW BUG that appeared when your changes included something about "map loading totally rewritten". It worked flawlessly in previous versions.
  •  

joeloc

Twenty seconds and some mercyless zooming later:

I am not kidding... :)
  •  

Menion

Quote from: Bucky Kid on September 04, 2013, 19:45:59
Thanks menion for implementing the merge track order selector. I'm however still a bit confused about the meaning of "Merge with spaces" option.

I'll create a better description to next version. Till then I suggest to draw for example two tracks (just from a few points) a few kilometers between each, and try to merge them with both possibilities ... you'll see

@joeloc: cannot simulate it. is this happen also without enabled shading?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rkirmeier

Can't post to the 2.14 thread anymore but wanted to comment on the IMG support. There have been some opinions that there should not be any effort put in to this and someone said it would be better to put effort into finding a program to convert .img to .map. Well I'll tell you I have have spent countless hours trying to find apps to convert .img files and there just is not anything. Tons of tools to "create" or "convert to" .img but not the other way around! I did find one solution where I could export that objects to track files but it's a huge pain and Locus does not play well with lots of tracks on the screen (better now with the new sort by distance). There are so many resources for .img maps because it's an industry standard. In the USA many county websites provide maps in .img format. Personally I don't really care how pretty it looks or if it renders just like a Garmin will but to be able to load up a state wide map (in .img) format is priceless. If someone can come up with a way to convert a .img to .map I will never mention Garmin or IMG again here but unless someone is going to write it it's just not going to happen.

With all that being said I really think a little more time and effort into .img support would be great. I think the standard consumer could really benefit as you can download tons of .img maps online. Most of these maps are built with third party apps, not from Garmin.

I basically have a short list of requests for continued .img support. I don't need or care about all the details of the map files but I do need to be able to see the defined trails on the maps.

1. Ability to hide or resize lables - too large now and very distracting from the objects on the map.
2. Ability to overlay and have complete transparency where the background is. This would allow to overlay on a terrain, sat map, or even a vector map. Basically providing the trails from the img overlaid on a standard vector or more detailed sat/terrain map.
3. Some way to emphasize/enlarge the objects on the img map. Basically just need to be able to make the trails and objects larger/thicker to see better when overlaid on another map.

Where do I send money to get this short list done??
  •  

stebu

About the name of the file being imported:

When I load a bunch of caches from Dropbox using a URL like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cd3ef456abc789/GCsolved.zip (this is fake:)
Locus import box title shows importing "ab789cf17b.zip"?  (This zip file can be found in Locus/downloads/)

I'd like to see GCsolved.zip!
  •  

rkirmeier

Really liking the new zoom method (google maps style)! Been hoping to get this for a long time...
  •  

Bucky Kid

I can reproduce the zoom redrawing problem on Locus 2.15.1 with Orux SQLite map too. I think this needs a quick fix.
Plus there's a slight issue with not displaying junction line between two waypoints of selected track:

P.S. The redrawing problem is independent on active map shading.
P.S.S. The blank tiles shows up when zooming out quickly while moving through the map.
  •  

joeloc

No shading or other funky map options involved. Just a basic raster map. Why dont you give us meaningful error messages instead of "unknown problem"?! If this had the java exception or a number or whatever in it, you'd probably have fixed the bug in seconds :-).

Anyway... if you prefer to go the "reproducing" way, i have no idea really. Maybe try your biggest RMAP file (mine are all quite big) and load it from externalsd, if that makes a difference. Then zoom around wildly with two-finger-pinching... let go, zoom again, let go, zoom again, all very quickly, maybe before the previous zoom operation is finished. Thats all I can say about it and thats how it always bugs for me.

•  

jusc

Quote from: joeloc on September 04, 2013, 21:53:19

Sorry to spoil the party menion... but the "unknown problem" when zooming around RMAPs or SQLITEmaps is still there. Did you actually try to fix it? This is not something "obscure" that only happens once in a lifetime. I can reproduce it within just a few seconds with each single one of my raster maps.

This is a NEW BUG that appeared when your changes included something about "map loading totally rewritten". It worked flawlessly in previous versions.

Strange, because I can't reproduce it with a few rmaps (largest 3.7GB). On the contrary it works very fast on a Note 2
Regards J.
  •  

joeloc

64GB microsd with vfat? android 4.1.2? i can only speculate... but at least i am not the only one with this bug. The "unknown problem" tiles are re-loaded properly btw when i scroll them completely out of view and then back in.
  •  

eldron

I was really looking forward to the new shading system that´d allow me to use it also on my non-vector maps.
So when i saw that the new version was out i couldn´t wait to try it out.
To my disappointment this new feature only works with android 3 or higher, but I am still on Android 2.3.6 .
How comes that it´s not possible to use this with older android versions?
  •  

CaptKaos

Quote from: joeloc on September 05, 2013, 08:38:16
64GB microsd with vfat? android 4.1.2? i can only speculate... but at least i am not the only one with this bug. The "unknown problem" tiles are re-loaded properly btw when i scroll them completely out of view and then back in.

joeloc
You don't say what phone/tablet it is. But mine is in a SGS3  and formatted FAT 32 and have no problems. You say your card is formatted VFAT 
  •