[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

gynta

Quote from: menion on September 01, 2013, 10:58:50
FC immediately after you select this default action? May you create a log for me please, because I don't have such problem
Catlog -> plz see our Dropbox.

Menion

thanks, I'm just working on it. This error occur only in published versions, not on my testing. Seems to be some problem in Proguard (mechanism that improve code before release), but cannot find a working solution.

@ivolino: I'll check it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

The upper img file is the overview map.
If I press center map on the topo map I see nothing but if I zoom out I can find the topo part. Show center is not working. The lake names are sometimes shown 10x. The lake shape looks also very strange.
I agree with many others. Don't waste too much time for integrating Garmin maps. It would be better to find a program to convert Garmin .img files to .map files. Also because there are 1500 .img files in the Canada North folder, the map folder page is loading very slow.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

so
1) centering - on one of you sample map, I found that one of four border coordinates is missing. So I improved it by moving map center to one border. So in this case, you'll not be centered, but just moved on border of map. Better then now
2) labeling - library I use, use own logic for rendering. As many other things, this is a question whether invest time and improve it, or not. And for now ... not
3) loading of long list ... yes I know about it. This is something that will change in near future. I spend almost three day on writing completely new background system for these screens with lists, so it will be introduced in one of future releases

EDIT: and btw. I tried just rename some maps to UPPER case, and they still works correctly, so I don't know what is problem with your maps, but it will probably not be a problem of name (you may simply check it by renaming)
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Just the ending was in upper letters. So the map was not recognized as norway.IMG but as norway.img

Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

Menion

ah damn, thanks ... you're correct. Fixed
  •  

Menion

probably last testing version before release ... feedback is welcome of course. Hope that all will work ;)
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on September 03, 2013, 14:14:36
probably last testing version before release ... feedback is welcome of course. Hope that all will work ;)

Thank you.

1. The magnifier works again.
2. If I zoom out with double tap and then zoom in again the adjacent tiles are not written again at the first try. I have to zoom out and zoom again. Moving the map alone does not help.
I tested this with two personal maps.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Also "on the couch" I can not get rid of track after I activated "test navigation" on it. Deselect all "via menu in Tracks" does deselect but the track stays in the mapscreen. The track is according to the info-box renamed to Navigation.
After a restart of Locus Free test the track is gone from the map screen.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

@tramp: I'll check it thanks

@hank: imagine that "Navigation test" will always start navigation. When you stop navigation, track will disappear and previous appear. You may also tap on this new track and from bottom menu choose "hide", which should help also
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on September 03, 2013, 20:29:52
@hank: imagine that "Navigation test" will always start navigation. When you stop navigation, track will disappear and previous appear.
Can't confirm. After stop the navi track is still on screen (with the thin blue line and the waypoints from the waypoint calculator).
Only after hide track the original track appears.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Sorry, wrong topic. But hé, this 2.14.1.11 is way faster (in zooming and panning) than the official 2.14.1 
I want it.
Will try navigation in the field tomorrow.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

tommi

Quote from: tommi on September 03, 2013, 20:52:10
Quote from: menion on September 03, 2013, 20:29:52
@hank: imagine that "Navigation test" will always start navigation. When you stop navigation, track will disappear and previous appear.
Can't confirm. After stop the navi track is still on screen (with the thin blue line and the waypoints from the waypoint calculator).
Only after hide track the original track appears.
But please please leave it, otherwise I could not check the results of the waypoint generator :D.
  •  

Menion

@henk: yes, another speed improvements of vector map lib ;)

@tommi: for this exists checkbox "start navigation". Just uncheck it to see results ;)
  •  

Menion

so I'm closing this topic now. Thank you all for very valuable feedback. Without you, Locus remain 100 years before apes ;)

Enjoy new version, hope all will be fine (otherwise I'll release again some bug-fix version soon)

edit: btw tramp, I was not able to simulate it, so next time
  •