[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

jusc

nice random  ;D
Please try another one

Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm I still don't see log anyway to map ... I see it correctly

may you please check if you have it really in

.. /Locus/mapsVector/myFile.img or any subdirectory like .. /Locus/mapsVector/imgMaps/myFile.img

also please check if file has correct size on your device, if there is not any problem during a transfer

EDIT: Jusc I had same problem. Don't know why, but map is center on location as you see. Anyway on different coordinates exists. Check my screenshot ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

By the way, with my Note 2 the images are very very poor. @menion
I don't know why but even my picture created on PC looks terrible on phone.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm not sure I understand. What images? :) If something in Locus, please post a screenshot
  •  

jusc

Ah, no, the images here in this forum. On PC no problem, but with phone they have poor quality.
Regards J.
  •  

stebu

Quote from: tommi on August 30, 2013, 15:05:35
Quote from: stebu on August 30, 2013, 13:54:03
Quote from: jusc on August 30, 2013, 08:49:39
Quote from: stebu on August 29, 2013, 19:36:23
Right! I'm not happy with the results of Garmin map  :'( This is a free map for Finland, one eager beaver converted the survey map into .IMG format.
Mostly I am missing the shading of different landscape (fields, forests, open cliffs, etc), buildings(!), major roads (now I have two thin lines for opposite lanes), etc.
I do not have original Garmin maps, so I do not know how good your rendering is on them. But this Finnish maps looks much better even on a low performance Dakota 20 than on Locus.

So..., there seems to be a lot to do, so make sure that your efforts are not wasted on a non-publishable feature.

I don't want to sound so negative :), for me Locus is very nearly perfect ;D, I just haven't found a good map for all purposes.

Are you looking for a Finland map? I´m not sure if I understand correctly.
Nope, I have a this map on my Dakota. So I was excited to test it on Locus anmd was deeply disappointed :(
Just don't know if I miss a lot if I don't have a Garmin Dakota: Is this garmin format Finland map significantly better than the Finland vector map from Locusstore or openandromaps?
The "open" maps are almost worthless in the woods (IMHO).
I took two screenshots and placed them side-by-side, judge yourself, which renders the same map better, Locus or Dakota. (Note that the screenshots are 800*480 (Locus) vs. 240*160 (Dakota)).

Screenshots (one image) are at https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvc8diqu5web7cl/garmin_img.jpg
The map can be found at http://eivoittoa.fi/mtk/2013-02-17/mtk_suomi20.img
  •  

gynta

Quote from: stebu on August 30, 2013, 22:37:12Screenshots (one image) are at https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvc8diqu5web7cl/garmin_img.jpg
wow, what a bad quality of screenshots ;)
can we see the original screenshots please?

gynta

Quote from: stebu on August 30, 2013, 23:13:05
Quote from: gynta on August 30, 2013, 22:48:10
Quote from: stebu on August 30, 2013, 22:37:12Screenshots (one image)..
can we see the original screenshots please?
Here you are:

thx
Hm. Not really a big difference - both maps are strange ;)
   and the vector:

So it's better to use *.img files with garmin.devices
My Vote: Stop waste time to optimize import of .img files ;).

stebu

Quote from: gynta on August 30, 2013, 23:29:52
So it's better to use *.img files with garmin.devices
My Vote: Stop waste time to optimize import of .img files ;).
My thoughts, exactly!
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Quote from: menion on August 30, 2013, 19:53:53
hmm I still don't see log anyway to map ... I see it correctly

may you please check if you have it really in

.. /Locus/mapsVector/myFile.img or any subdirectory like .. /Locus/mapsVector/imgMaps/myFile.img

also please check if file has correct size on your device, if there is not any problem during a transfer

EDIT: Jusc I had same problem. Don't know why, but map is center on location as you see. Anyway on different coordinates exists. Check my screenshot ;)

Yes they are in Locus/mapsVector/. I moved 3 files from the subdirectory direct to Locus/mapsVector/ but still I don't see them. And yes tehy have exact same size.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

stebu

Quote from: ivolino on August 31, 2013, 04:33:36
Yes they are in Locus/mapsVector/. I moved 3 files from the subdirectory direct to Locus/mapsVector/ but still I don't see them. And yes tehy have exact same size.
Just a comment: ivo, are you using "Locus/maps/Vector/" or " Locus/mapsVector/" ? The first one is correct.
  •  

Ivo Nörenberg

Quote from: stebu on August 31, 2013, 06:50:25
Quote from: ivolino on August 31, 2013, 04:33:36
Just a comment: ivo, are you using "Locus/maps/Vector/" or " Locus/mapsVector/" ? The first one is correct.

I was using mapsvector, not maps. Will try.
Today I noticed something with dashboard. I tried the preset white simple. When I open locus the white fields are immediately there but the numbers take ages. When I lock my screen and unlock the scree again, the numbers are immediately there. Maybe that helps to find the error.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

jusc

@stebu,

you can try the online map of kapsi.fi. I think this map is integrated in Locus:
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: stebu on August 31, 2013, 06:50:25

stebu wait, IMG maps really have to be in the same directory as vector maps from MapsForge so really in Locus/mapsVector/...
  •