[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

ta-ka

Locus Pro 2.14.1
Nothing is shown at the 'DESCRIPTION' of the Locus Store items.
It is sometimes seen for a second but disappears immediately.
  •  

joeloc

2.14.1.7. still fails with "unknown problem" when zooming out rmaps from time to time. happens with double-tap-and-hold as well as with pinch-and-zoom. maybe related to starting another zoom operation while the first one is still "updating" map data?
  •  

joeloc

related: it would be SO NICE to have the map data updated WHILE zooming, not just when zooming is finished. otherwise the whole zooming process feels more like being on a commodore 64 in the early eighties. most phones have four cpus these days... use them :-).
  •  

Menion

@ta-ka: this problem is in Locus for very very long time. We're anyway working on better version now, so it will be for sure fixed

@joeloc: hmm, there is only one place that may cause problem you see. I fixed it little, but because I'm unable to simulate it exactly as you, I'm not sure it will help. You'll see. And about zoom - here is not main problem power of devices, but speed of SD card and data transfer. Most time consume loading bitmap data from file and creating a bitmap object used for paint. And I can do little with this. Also more CPU used for such task > more battery consumed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

I dont understand the power usage argument. You have to load the new map data anyway when zooming ends. It's just a matter of loading it earlier and maybe keeping different zoom levels cached a bit longer. The only argument I could understand was "too much time consuming programming work required to make it work smoothly". But that sucks as it shows me a useless white screen as long as I dont remove my fingers.

Then again... maybe all zooming problems and all horrible-3-fps-slownewss-track-display-problems will be solved automatically by a future OpenGL version, that is probably very close to being finished :-)).
  •  

Menion

if you zoom with fingers from, let's say level 11 to 12, then yes, I need to load it. But if you zoom from 11 to 13, Locus skip level 12, so there is one more less loading. That's what I though.

Anyway I still thank that rendering and working with maps is too slow. So less such graphics features, better. When, in distant future, Locus will fully run on OpenGL, we should discuss this also ...
  •  

jusc

Apropos zooming. If you use the double tap for zooming, how can you reactivate p. e. the right bar from background?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

•  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on August 28, 2013, 15:09:55
ehm, three finger tap  :)
?
For me it works different:
double tap and remove finger from display -> the bars appear
double tap and leave finger on display -> zooming is activated
  •  

gynta

tommi

Quote from: gynta on August 28, 2013, 17:40:01
depending on
The style map control
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:settings:map_control
Well, I had a look there of course but I do not find it in the way I described the behaviour. I use the Locus map control style.
  •  

rkirmeier

Any idea why Google Play shows that I'm up to date but still on version 2.14.1 which is 20 days old and more recent versions have been pushed up to the Google Play store?
  •  

tommi

Quote from: rkirmeier on August 28, 2013, 18:57:18
Any idea why Google Play shows that I'm up to date but still on version 2.14.1 which is 20 days old and more recent versions have been pushed up to the Google Play store?
The recent versions were only test versions published here:
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3292.0

Playstore is still on 2.14.1 which is as expected.
  •  

Menion

also do not look on dates on Google Play. They're incorrect. We changed some texts on Google Play and this cause also change of last version ... unfortunately
  •