[APP] - version 2.14.X+ (updated 3.9.2013)

Started by Menion, August 03, 2013, 09:19:20

wvb

thanks menion, this works great!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
  •  

Menion

@john: yes agree, they're displayed twice. I'll probably change it in the future. Anyway all problems and discussion about this system, should be in relevant topic here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3267 . This topic is focused on current 2.14.0 version and future test version and this feature is really just an beta version that has to go a long way till it will be finally published. It's anyway already usable so I wanted to share with you this work ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Hi,
I am afraid I have to report a little bug in version 2.14.0. When i open the new satellite / compass screen everything seems fine, until i change the tab (e.g. from compass to sat view). The sat screen is then displayed very small and not in the center. If necessary I can supply a screenshot, but maybe the bug is already known. The funny thing is that both screens work fine when i open them from the main screen, the display prolem only occurs when changing the tab.
So when i open the compass view everything is fine until i change into the sat tab. And when i open the sat tab everything is fine until i change into the compass tab.
Let me know if you want a screenshot or need more info about my device.
  •  

gynta

screenshot !
plz :D

eldron

Ok, here you go:
I removed the second part of the coordinates, so that is not part of the display bug.
  •  

KaHeMu

With xperia pro, android 4.0.4, Locus 2.14.0 displaying of both tabs is OK. Same after changing tabs.

regards,
KaHeMu

Gesendet mit TapaTalk
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Bucky Kid

Me too radar view ok, but sometimes bottom and right panels won't autohide. Now it's OK.

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 2
  •  

Menion

hmm seems that this problem occur only on 2.X devices and I have no idea why ... nice :/

is this happen to you everytime you switch tabs or just sometimes?
  •  

ta-ka

Hi. menion.
Please have a look attached a file which contains some suggestions related to the texts and translations for version 2.14.x. Thanks in advance.
  •  

Mek

I don't know what happened (perhaps an update on GC.com) or if it belongs here or in the GC addon thread. But I just solved a multicache (GC1C6P1), set the new coordinates as corrected coordinates, downloaded nearest caches in Locus, but the cache was downloaded without the corrected coordinates, it still appears in its original position. Opening the cache and choosing Update cache does not help. Deleting it and downloading only it (using Import GC according to GC code) does not help either.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

gazoox

Sometimes it is really hard to get know how the new features work. Where can I get explicite information on the following? I did't get it work with the wide scattered infos in different topics and answers... :.(

- Map shading integrated as full public feature and added support for shading also for all online maps!
After activating I don't see any differences.
- official announcment of offline POI database!  Some hints here? :   viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3267
The POI DB file is placed in the vectormap directory and renamed. What now?

Hope someone can give some hints. thanks
  •  

Menion

for using offline poi database ... If description in topic is not clear for you, then leave this feature be. It's currently in real alpha/beta version so it's not ready for some mass usage

about shading - read first paragraph http://www.locusmap.eu/news-in-version-2-14-0/ , it should help

@mek: i'll try to simulate it, anyway do you have any older, some time ago already changed caches? If so, please try it on these older caches. If it will work, then it's problem probably on Geocaching.site, otherwise it's in Locus

@ta-ka: thanks, I'll check it
  •  

eldron

@menion the problem occurs every time I switch tabs. The position and size of the compass and the satellite overview are not always the same though.
  •  

KaHeMu

Hi menion.

News about GPS/Compass-Tabs:

normally I don't use these tabs on tablet. But there is a strange behavior checking both on tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab 2,GT 5110, with Android 4.0.3:

The window with the tabs is at the right and the content of the tabs is sliding from left to right and v.v.

Regards
KaHeMu

Sent using TapaTalk
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

@eldron: please try test version in first post if this helps. I have no idea why this happen and currently on all my devices this works correctly, so this is a try ... if there still be a problem, create for me please a log
@KaHeMu: he, I know about this already from gynta. It's quite crazy bug that do not have simple solution anyway I did one small workaround that should help on this problem a little
@ta-ka thanks, some texts improved etc... more in file
  •