New vector maps for Locus - feedback

Started by voldapet, December 08, 2012, 16:32:32

gynta

Quote from: "voldapet"...On the other hand there is openandromaps
good point to compare:

[attachment=0:zhg692f7]Cycle.png[/attachment:zhg692f7]

Quote...from my point of view highway is important element in countryside...
:shock: for cycling??

Quote...Anyway  I can make highway more narrower
That's what I wanted to hear :D

gynta

another feedback...  ;)
Today im searchig for a village and an hiking trail on a Locus map with Locus hike theme.
Please compare to openandro map and his hike theme:
[attachment=1:2k2dut96]locus.png[/attachment:2k2dut96][attachment=0:2k2dut96]openandro.png[/attachment:2k2dut96]
What should I do with hundreds of blue and red streetlabels inside the HIKE theme?
If i want walking on the interstate - of course i will choose the "road"theme  :roll:

Menion

you don't like Peter blue labels? ;) As you may see, he like them a lot  :lol:
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

voldapet

Why do you have so long highway names? Snd of course I love them :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "gynta"What should I do with hundreds of blue and red streetlabels inside the HIKE theme?

I would say it depends of the used zoom level. For slow movement like hiking I don´t see a real antvantage of the openandro theme.
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "voldapet"Why do you have so long highway names? Snd of course I love them :)
Long or short names, this isn't the point. On a biking or hiking map we don't need these names at all and also the rendering of the highways itself should be reduced because we want to see the biking resp. hiking ways.
  •  

jusc

I thought about it, but how can you orient yourself without the highway labels?
Please try to find it without Internet connection. I´m sure you are happy about the higway labels.  :D
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"I thought about it, but how can you orient yourself without the highway labels?
Please try to find it without Internet connection. I´m sure you are happy about the higway labels.  :D
ok, with such small labels and the reduced rendering of the highway I can live on a biking or hiking map.
  •  

voldapet

There are small changes in Locus internal themes for cycling and hiking. The labels for highway are smaller (maybe too small) and caption for water areas are bigger (maybe too big). There was also discussion about thickness of motorway. They are little bit narrower but please don't expect small lines for motorway as opencyclemap has.

There is small discussion about Cycle theme. I don't' want to ask which elements/icons are missing in our themes. I'd like to ask what about "dot" system in internal cyclo theme. All cycle ways are rendered with dots and from level > 17 are these dots transparent. There were two ideas: dots are rendered in such a way that you can see more type (local/international) of cycle ways over the background track. The second idea was to see what type of track/highway is under the dots.

So is this system usable in the field? Are these dots visible outdoors? Is it important for you wheather cycleway is international or local?
Thanks for ideas
  •  

gynta

Hi Petr
On currently store maps and the last Locus testversion i can't see, right?

voldapet

There is minor change in cycle theme in comparison with last GP release.  The Blue dots doesn't mishmash with the red dots in zoom levels >17
  •  

gynta

leschek

Hi,

Not sure if this is right topic, but it's about the vector maps, so I'll try.

I just "bought" a few vector maps of Asia (Cambodia, India - Uttar Pradesh) and Europe and after quick look on them here is a feedback:

1. On Cambodia map on the south of Phnom Penh is missing river Mekong. I mean it is not missing it just looks that way, because for some reason the islands in the river are blue, but river itself has color as land. (see attachments)

2. Is (or would be) possible to show on religious places what religion they belong to? For example in India live Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists and maybe more, but when I look on map of Delhi (theme City (město) - zoom 15) I could see only a few churches and no Hindu/Jain temple, mosque or gurdwara. I can find another religious places, but I have to search for them. When I look on the map I really would like to see what interesting places are around me.

3. Some countries are divided into smaller maps. I get it when there are a big countries, but to be honest I would prefer for example in case of India to divide it not by the states (some states are really small) but by geographical location (eg. south of India, NW/NE of India).
It's not only India. In case of Ireland I have to get map of Republic of Ireland and North Ireland. Why not provide whole island?
  •  

gynta