[MAPS] - Vector maps (with terrain contour lines)

Started by jurajs, April 22, 2012, 16:04:18

Menion

Main difference is that world map in locus is not based on OSM data but source is different and highly simplified. So I hope that locus world map will be really fast

And which is "better", it as usually matter of taste ...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I don't know if you understand what I meant. It is only one world map. That one I downloaded here in the forum.
And I wonder why the map looks so different in Locus Pro and Locus Free (newer).
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

ah I thought you compare world map here from forum and world map from kech. They're different because world map use also own special theme that is build specially for data which are in map and just for zoom levels 1-8. We're optimizing speed of vector maps wherever is possible, and complexity of themes is one of major problems that slow down vector map rendering. Thanks to separate theme, world map should be quite fast. You may also noticed that vector maps are in test version also around 25% faster then in your Locus Pro ;)
  •  

jusc

Thank you for clarification.
I think in the theme of world map there should be more town an city names for easier orientation. So my left screen with Locus Pro an world map in the title is better to read, at least for me.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

understand and agree that map is little bit "short" on text labels. Map and theme itself is anyway work of peter, so I'm forwarding him this discussion
  •  

jurajs

yeah....
i wasn't looking for some time... and i like what is going on here. thanks to everyone for wonderful progres.
the progres is so huge that i am going to give up all my activities on vector maps. at least for now ;-)

I will adjust the 1st post very soon.

hugs and kisses,
jurajs
  •  

nanoprod

Good day.

I used an .hgt files for creating countor lines in Global Mapper. Now I want export that all in VECTOR format map for Locus.
Which vector format (of export) I need choose in GM?

Thank you.
  •  

jusc

The vector map format for Locus is mapsforge (http://mapsforge.org/). I guess that GM doesn´t support it.
Regards J.
  •