Locus and Bluetooth

Started by ralhil, August 19, 2011, 19:24:10

Menion

no they aren't. max two days, sorry :)) ... vacation is planned on June/August, not sooner
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Quote from: "ralhil"Hi berkley,
please look at my first post.Point 2.

Ralhil, guess how many custom ROMs are based on Android version 4.1.2?
BTW, it was your second post...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

jusc

@menion,
send you an email.
I need to use an external Bluetooth GPS app for the connect the GPS mouse with Locus. Internal Locus Bluetooth GPS function doesn´t get the GPS infos from GPS mouse.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hello Jusc, thank you for an email. Seems there are no serious problems that should be recorded in logs. This probably means that communications with your BT device should work fine, but locus incorrectly handle received data ..

anyway, just to be sure
1. in Bluetooth manager in Locus, you choose "Enable GPS from bluetooth device"
2. then you turn on this "GPS device"

and then what? Locus write you that connection to your device was done? Or you see some error message that Locus is not able to connect to BT device?

In case, Locus connect to BT device, but you don't see any data in screen with satellites, then best is to enable "NMEA recording" in settings > GPS. This will cause, then in Locus/data/nmea directory will be (after a while of enabled connection) file with raw data from BT GPS. I can then use this recorded file to simulate connection on my device and fix problems

In case, Locus do not connect to BT device at all, I'll need to create some test version with more debug information, if you'll be interested in fixing of this problem.

Using external program is working solution that have one main advantage and one main disadvantage. Good is, that you may then use BT GPS data in more then one application at once. In case you want to use BT GPS just in Locus, it's much better to do it directly in Locus, because Locus will correctly enable/disable connection when it's needed. Let me know, I'll gladly help
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"anyway, just to be sure
1. in Bluetooth manager in Locus, you choose "Enable GPS from bluetooth device"
2. then you turn on this "GPS device"

and then what? Locus write you that connection to your device was done? Or you see some error message that Locus is not able to connect to BT device?

I get this screen. "drevice connected".
I only can quit. Afterwards Bluetooth GPS is no longer "active".
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

you got this screen ...

did you tried to tap on BT-GPS8 JENTRO? Ah you tap on it and then you see small message "device connected"? If so, then you should try to record nmea messages as I wrote above

sorry for my stupid questions, I'm just not sure where exactly are you stuck
  •  

jusc

aahh, damn, I did not recognize that I have to tap on the shown device field.  :oops:
I thought, that the message "Gerät verbunden" (translated as device is (already) connected) should automatically disappear, or should be confirmed by an OK button. The translation has a bit confused me. For simple minds like me  :lol:  it should better be translated as "Verbinden mit:" than you tap on the device you find in the list.

Sorry for wasting your time, but for me it was good to talk about it. Now I can finally make a few tests  :mrgreen:
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

@jusc
Quote from: "jusc"The translation has a bit confused me.
-> viewtopic.php?f=27&t=301&p=21221#p21221

ralhil

Quote from: "berkley"
Quote from: "ralhil"Hi berkley,
please look at my first post.Point 2.
Ralhil, guess how many custom ROMs are based on Android version 4.1.2?
BTW, it was your second post...
Sorry, its right. i'm on original stock rom from samsung.
  •  

silber1

I just returned from a 14 day travelling through Poland by bus and walking.
I used the Poland vector map in a Samsung S3mini and a Note 10.1 together with an external Qstarz 1000P.
For additional power I had a TeckNet iEP 7000mAh external pack with me.  So I could be online all over the time.
Bluetooth worked flawless with Qstarz 1000P. Thanks for that great Locus software!
  •  

Synapse

Hello, I have some issues conecting a GlobalSat BT 359 with my new smartphone built around a MT6589 combo chip.
There's an  error popup when I try to link it with the built in bluetooth of Locus.
The only way to make it working is to run the app linked in this thread, bluetooth gps
There was no problem with my last phone and his older MTK chip,  I tried to reset locus parameters but no sucess.
Is the MT6589 supported ?
  •