Please send me a UserID

Thank you
  •  

FunGous

Hi everybody

I just started to use Live tracking feature and it is working great
I used this how to:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... oogle_docs

As it is written in how to, I used gadget map in google spreadsheet to see all my past and present position - it is working nice.
The question I have is: what are the other options to see the live data from locus tracking service on mobile device.
Google map gadget in google spreadsheet it is rather a desktop solution.

When we are on the trip my friend leave half an hour before me and then I need to chase him. He is using live tracking service in locus and I want to be able to see his present position on my smartphone. The best if I can use locus to see his present position and use GUIDE TO feature.
Is it possible ? If not what other options do I have to see his present position on my smartphone ?

thanks in advance for help
  •  

FunGous

Hi Gynta

Can you provide me with a userID for your service please ?

thanks
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "FunGous"When we are on the trip my friend leave half an hour before me and then I need to chase him. He is using live tracking service in locus and I want to be able to see his present position on my smartphone. The best if I can use locus to see his present position and use GUIDE TO feature.
A test function inside  the test service website (called "pull POI") is already prepared.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1q18jwbgzqn6qt/democlip.avi
See in second 13.  Here you can choose "guide to".

FunGous

gynta:
OMG great :)
what is approx dead line for this module to see daylight ? :)

one more thing. anyone know how to subscribe to this project. How to conttact the author/owner ?
http://vapiti.lnet.fi/LocusTracker/
  •  

FunGous

gynta: some feedback

I just tested PullPOI feature and it is working great ! That is what I was looking for !
Is there any chance that user can change manually update frequency ?

How do I set up an icon for this pullPOI item. on the movie it is avatar not a POI icon

Last thing - If I can suggest small improvment for position presentation on the website locus.oldboys.at
Previous and present positions are dark blue dots. If I am running 5 laps of 5km my wife do not really know where exactly I am since it is overlaying. Maybe the present (or last known) position should have a bit different icon ?
  •  

gynta

thank you for feedback
QuoteIs there any chance that user can change manually update frequency ?
1. Yes, edit the *.kml file in ..Locus/mapitems/..<refreshInterval>20</refreshInterval> 2. if the taffic on my private server is too high - i have to quit this service  ;)

QuoteHow do I set up an icon for this pullPOI item. on the movie it is avatar not a POI icon
You should know - this is a TEST service. but If you really want, send me a POI and i will put it on the server.

Quoteimprovment for position presentation on the website
is in progress (for months)  :D
Tip: Your wife should use the "guest login"

btw.
On your first trip, you send data from gulf of mexico - is this correct and not a bug on my side, or you are using fakegps?

FunGous

Thanks for reply
Everything is clear now.

Do not worry about refresh interval :-)
I was rather asking about possibility than actually want to change anything, same with the icon. It's good enough as it is now.

Positions are real. I'm here working on the offshore vessel for oil and gas industry.
Cheers
  •  

gynta

addendum
Quote from: "FunGous"If I am running 5 laps of 5km my wife do not really know where exactly I am since it is overlaying. Maybe the present (or last known) position should have a bit different icon ?
With the "guest login" you will see your last pos much bette:

FunGous

Perfect,  that's what I need.
Gynta: you have fulfilled all my needs :-) .... at this time

Good job, and keep up good work
  •  

Tschuggi

Hi. Can you create for me an ID "Tschuggi"? Thank you very much :-)
  •  

sarcz

Hello, can I ask you for user ID "sarcz"? I would like to ask you also for option to send you PM with additional questions about using Live Tracking for rescue team.
Thanks a lot in advance.
  •  

gynta

Hello sarcz
see PM

gynta

I'm proud to present a new (small) update.

click to enlarge

Whats new?
# simplified settings in Locus Live tracking function
-no more annoying timeformat settings
-no "address"
-no "type"
(but still valid if you actually use it)

Optional you can add two of all aviable KEYs
eg Altitude, Speed, Accuracy or Bearing
-> see help site to setup Locus

# The guest login site show you now the last position and a 300point trackline (former 100 points).

If you see any bugs - feel free to post here

gynta

some nice tracks from our brave users:

(click pix to enlarge)