Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

Martin Sloup

Axel: Basic member can search (this is applied also for Live Map) only traditional caches. It's limitation from Groundspeak side for Basic members. Found caches should be displayed only, when you has checked "Show found" check box, see here: http://geocaching4locus.eu/manual/prefe ... toc-filter.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Axel

Okay, looks like groundspeak is a winner of this battle... :?
$30 sent from my paypal.
Hope, that they will support (and not block) 3rd party apps and forgot, that they had an idea of only one official (creepy) app.
  •  

obicob

I really don't like what is happening with the [Addon] Geocaching4Locus app. The version 1.5.1 is just stupid. I was using this app because I am not a premium user of geocaching. com. And know you try to push me to this.

I went back to version 1.5 you can find it on Google.
Please bring back the old way to do it or integrate both.
  •  

wvb

People, please understand that what is done was needed to comply to the license agreement of GC.com

3 caches per day is enough, if it isn't then you need to go premium..
GC.com also needs to pay servers and traffic etc.
Users indeed "make" the game but if they pull the plug on the servers it's done..

I'm not a premium user and I'm happy with the new version.

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

Menion

from my point of view, I'm not big fan of 30$ price. I know prices for server and thanks to huge amount of people, I'm sure, price should be lower.

Anyway everything cost something. Even if you have Google Maps for free, even if you have OSM maps for free, always someone have to pay for this. So it's absolutely OK, that there should be some way for income for Groundspeak

And finally, don't blame Arcao for what he did. He had two choices ... remove and stop work on this add-on completely or change a way how it works to system that Groundspeak wanted! and continue in his work. So you should be glad he choose second possibility. I'm just still surprised, that he spend so much time on it, and .. for free
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jfm

Hi,
anyone having sign in problems with G4L? I cannot pass the second stage when I'm asked to authorize an access after the username and password got validated. It worked fine with one of the beta releases before 1.5.1 was released but now it is back. At that time it was said that it may be android browser specific but if I understand G4L does not use an external browser anymore
cheers
Jiri
  •  

Martin Sloup

Hello jfm,

Last time I got a lot of error reports about unavailable Live Geocaching API service. So it could be connected with your problem. Anyway I already reported it to Groundspeak.
  •  

ferbricos

I'm using version 1.4.2.5, and i'm happy.

Thanks Arcao.
  •  

Mek

This addon imports also geocaches that I have on my ignore list. I would prefer to ignore them while importing as well. Is it doable or is it a bug in geocaching api?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

ferbricos

It seems that api now crash this version...

Thanks
  •  

marram

Quote from: "marram"
Quote from: "marram"Small problem: in early versions of G4L was solved mystery cache moved to its corrected coords, in 1.5.1 dont.

description:
- when I have in personal note at cache listing this note: Final: N 49 12.345 E 17 12.345, than G4L create Final waypoint, this work correct
- in early versions, after import that caches with creating Final wp, was cache automaticaly moved to its corrected coords and was marked as "solved"
- in version 1.5.1 this dont happen, but if I open Final wp, edit him (no need change, just start edit and save), then cache moved to corrected coords like in previous version automaticaly

I dont know if this is problem of G4L or Locus or only my phone, but it start with new version of G4L.

Next part of this problem. When I download caches and allow update caches which are in DB and are solved, than G4L moved solved caches to original coords and dont remove corrected symbol (red star). Than I dont see if cache is on corrected place or not. :( Please, help me.

In last version of Locus is ALL correct. Problem was in Locus generaly. Thanks a lot.
  •  

Mek

Quote from: "Mek"This addon imports also geocaches that I have on my ignore list. I would prefer to ignore them while importing as well. Is it doable or is it a bug in geocaching api?
...Arcao?  :?:
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Martin Sloup

•  

Mek

It works great, thanks!
  •  

Mek

When an error while downloading caches occurs, an error message is displayed (for example Service temporarily unavailable). After dismissing it and tapping Download to Locus botton again, it does nothing. After closing the G4L window again and opening it via Locus menu, it displays progress of downloading caches immediately, and is in, say, 50%. It looks like the "push of the button that does nothing" started downloading of caches but without displaying the progress bar.
  •