Tracks - sorting reverse order?

Started by svartbjorn, April 01, 2011, 22:57:40

svartbjorn

Today tracks are sorted either from a ->z, from shortest-> longest (distance or time), from oldest -> newest, from fewest points -> most points.
You have the button with three squares and a DOWN arrow to select this sorting menu.

---> Would it be possible to add a similar menu button with an UP arrow to sort in the opposite direction?

That would be particularly useful for looking at the latest tracks. Today, you have to scroll down the whole list of tracks to get to the latest track, since that one is always at the bottom when sorted by date.
  •  

Menion

hmm second "same" menu is not ideal i think. I instead added into sort menu next sort type "Reverse order" which reverse actual sort type. Try, I' think this should work
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

You ask me to try, but there is not such menu entry. Is this a new feature in a version you haven't released yet?
  •  

Menion

it's in testing version ... just do to sort and on bottom in new entry ...
  •  

svartbjorn

Installed 1.3.0.3 and tested.
I like your Reverse Order implementation!

I have 35 recorded tracks, and tested your reverse sorting feature. Here are my test results:
- normal order sorting is correct for all sort criteria (by name, create date, etc).
- reverse order sorting is correct for all sort criteria EXCEPT for 'Create Date'. In that case I get an order that makes no sense:
   I get the following order of my tracks (they are all in the same category - 'recorded') when sorted reversed by Create Date:
     14/3, 12/3, 8/3, 7/3, 28/2, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3, ..., 7/3, 27/3, 20/3, 18/3, 17/3, ..., 15/3
   I get the same result if I reverse the sorting back and forth, so it is consistent. They are sorted correctly if sorted normally (not reversed).

Hope this can help you identify the problem.
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting. I do not have similar issue but i updated a little code, so please try it in next testing version and let me know
  •  

svartbjorn

I did a quick test with version 1.3.0.4. Same error. I look more into this tomorrow to see if I can find a pattern.
  •  

svartbjorn

I looked through the sort results once again, but I can't see any pattern. There is a small difference from test version 1.3.0.3, now getting this sequence:
  27/3, 20/3, 18/3, 17/3, ..., 15/3, 14/3, 12/3, 8/3, 7/3, 28/2, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3, ..., 7/3,
Compared with 1.3.0.3 some dates moved from the trailing end to the top, but still there is this strange sequence with descending dates down to 28/2, then changing to ascending dates. This is particularly strange since your normal sorting is correct. It has nothing to do with change of month, because I have a new track from 4/4, and that one is listed at the correct place.
  •  

Menion

hmm weird, only solution for me should be if you send me your trackdb.sqll file from data directory where can I check it by myself ...
  •  

Menion

oki, problem was in tracks recorded by old Locus version. I was wrongly saved time of creating so this caused that mess. So for anothers, when there will be same problem, just be sure that you're not using some track recorded with locus version below 1.0
  •