No Google maps in Online Map list ?

Started by Testi, April 25, 2013, 20:03:51

Testi

Where did it go ? I still have it on my tablet, but when I just bought Pro and installed it on my new phone, no Google maps was to be found.
  •  

gynta

Google maps are not in Locus online maps - yes that's right.
Maybe you have an "maptweak" from Google Play installed on your tablet.

Testi

I guess I did, I didn't remember that. I just installed the same on my phone, but a lot of the zoom levels for Google maps are black. Ideas ? I really like the Google map look the best :|
  •  

gynta

That means - you see now "google" in your online maps - on the SGS3?

Testi

Yes.
  •  

gynta

try to delete your map cache
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... cellaneous

and
 plz show me a screenshot with coordinates and zoomlevel (with this black tiles)

Testi

I have cleared map cache, it didn't help. I do not know how to display what you need, but if I use the GPS status thing, i get lat 50.46496 long 6.4658. It has now stopped loading tiles completely, even at lower zoom levels. If I zoom in all the way and then back step by step, it displays a grey grid (like it does when you are just loading) for 9 steps, and then at the 10th 'zoomout', which shows as 300m, it changes from gray grid to all black.

Is there a way to look at maybe a text file with the map providers ? Maybe I could compare my tablets settings, which still work fine, with the ones I have here.
  •  

Testi

Hah, while making screenshots, I accidentally solved the issue: bad map overlay settings (I guess these only update when you restart Locus, I played with them earlier, but they didn't seem to do anything, so I forgot all about them). My bad for wasting your time, everything works as intended now! Thank you anyways!
  •  

gynta

fine