[APP] - version 1.3.x

Started by Menion, March 31, 2011, 12:44:44

Menion

4.4.2011 - Locus 1.3.0.4
looks that no one will write me about POI search?!
  • this is valid version till 8.4., install as free, work as pro
  • added POI - alert!!
  • added new OSM maps - OpenTrackMap and 3-layer (base, shade, paths) Wanderreit
  • rewritted part of map downloader, now works better with multilayer maps and also allow same capabilities with TAR maps if anyone use ...
  • geocaching tweak for importing Final waypoints (check settings). Expect terrible one minute icon. Will be better in final, don't worry :)
  • some track fixs

3.4.2011 - Locus 1.3.0.3
ready for next testing?
  • added online google POI search (beta)
  • added trackback (reverse guide on), reverse track sorting, some tweaks

1.4.2011 - Locus 1.3.0.2
one really functional version on 1.4. ;)
  • added automatic generating field notes description
  • added second sound mode for guiding along tracks. Guys please test and also look on my English translation and suggest improvements if you feel it a little bit confusing!
  • enabled My Maps. I did some small improvements with login so please try it also on 2.1 devices. If not work, may anyone send me log from aLogCat or logs directory (if contain any). Also test please if MyMaps works for you on My Tracks. Thx

31.3.2011 - Locus 1.3.0
  • new Free version released on market. When there will be no problem, Pro version will be released in evening or tomorrow
  • fine, Pro released also ... enjoy ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jofre

Very dissapointing release for me... can not download map by defining path in free version... uninstalling to v 1.2, sorry
  •  

Menion

ahhh sorry, I'm stupid. That's a mistake not a new feature. Downloading along track is available in Pro as a new feature. Old downloading along newly defined path have to work in free also ... sorry :)
  •  

jofre

Thanks menion :-) btw Did you change anything in google hybrid map downloading process in v 1.2.04? I have done whole Arizona map today without any crashes and phone restarts today (1gb) ! Works awesome! Let me know pls that i know if it is my phone or your new algorythm,thx
  •  

Menion

you're welcome. When you anytime notice that something what was in free isn't working as free now, let me know!! It's a mistake :)

And I do not changed anything in downloading algorithm. I had one restart during Locus once, but two also in another software and once only during switching home screen so I think this is just some stability problem of android system.
  •  

svartbjorn

Congratulations Menion, with your latest release 1.3, Again a lot of new features and improvements just blow me away! Where is this going to end? You have fixed the info placement on the guiding line, fixed the guiding jump to next point when within a certain distance, selectable sound type, improved POI search, included new map sources, beautiful new satellite window, new track chart display (even live update on track being recorded), user selectable panel hiding timeout. Again, congratulations with a great release!!
  •  

Menion

thanks for very nice summary :D ... (I moved your post to actual version topic, sorry for that). And this will have no end, I love Locus more and more so expect next improvements!
  •  

Matthy_47

Hi Menion,
thanks a lot for the release :-) One thing I have seen:

- If I record a track and
- then change into the great chart view (while recording),
- then switch between speed / altitude
- then jump back to the map view,
--> the map isn't following the current position anymore...

I have seen this in @ 1.2 too.
  •  

Hyperplane

Hello

How am I supposed to install this version? Should I first uninstall the old version? Or is it possible to install this version over the previous one?
I don't want to loose my offline maps. My preferred way is to install it via the market by the way.

Thanks and sorry for being off topic.
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "Hyperplane"Hello

How am I supposed to install this version? Should I first uninstall the old version? Or is it possible to install this version over the previous one?
I don't want to loose my offline maps. My preferred way is to install it via the market by the way.

Thanks and sorry for being off topic.

Just install newer over the previous (via market too). I did it without any problems (loosing my offline maps) a few times.
If you are using an older version 0.9.x I think, give Locus time to initialize (for me up to 15 minutes the first time).

J.
Regards J.
  •  

Hyperplane

Quote from: "jusc"Just install newer over the previous (via market too). I did it without any problems (loosing my offline maps) a few times.If you are using an older version 0.9.x I think, give Locus time to initialize (for me up to 15 minutes the first time).
OK, I will install it over the previous one. I am using v1.2.
Thanks and Regards
  •  

berkley

Upgrading never makes problems. But do a backup of your data when you go back to an older version. Just to be sure!
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Hyperplane

Quote from: "berkley"But do a backup of your data when you go back to an older version.
This leads me to question what to backup. :)  Is it sufficient to backup the sdcard/Locus/maps folder only? At present I have only some offline maps.
Perhaps there is a manual in which this procedure is described.
  •  

berkley

I always backup the whole Locus folder ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

i'm usually saying when something changed in database. So read carefully first post if there is something about it. If not, backup is not needed at all. Anyway I suggest from time to time, to backup whole Locus dir (if you do some testing with version from forum)
  •