Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

wvb

all I know is new strings have been added to translate so work regarding an update is definitely in progress.

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

sukmar

Quote from: "Cacher"I returned to NeoGeo. It's not at all as good as Geocaching4Locus used to be but it works. Unfortunately I think that new version of Geocaching4Locus would have already come out at least as beta if it was meant to...

Its really sad to say that but I also switched to another app called a:drake  :( . Absolutely not as good as Locus Pro but it works, especially loading caches and logging.

I'm also a software developer and I really cannot understand why it needs so long to release a new version  :?: . If it is too complicated to implement it for both non-premium and premium gc members then cancel it for non-premium members and only offer it for premium members.

~sukmar
  •  

wvb

Remember it's a free add on that is created in someone's spare time...

•  

Leeds Tyke

Maybe the delay is being caused by Groundspeak? A quick update from the developer would be welcome. Using different Geocaching apps has made be realise just how good Locus is for caching.
  •  

sukmar

Yes that's right but if I offer an app to a bigger community I have a kind of responsiblity for it and them. Its the same with geocaching: If I hide a cache I have the responsibility to repair it if somebody tells me it needs maintenance - and I also do this in my spare time.

The most easiest thing would be to offer the app only for premium-members (at the moment - until a version that fits for both kinds of users will be implemented). I don't know the geocaching-API but there must be a way to determine the member type of a user.

I also would pay some Euros for the addon because it's worth it! I also purchased the pro version of Locus after having tested it some weeks!

~sukmar
  •  

Menion

@sukmar: when I was before more then year, adding Geocaching Live directly into Locus, it too around an 3 weeks (if I remember correctly) till groundspeak confirmed, that I may publish this app. Don't know how it's now, but this could also cause delay in this case. Only Arcao (developer of this add-on) know answer now ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

sukmar

@Menion: Ok, I understand but Arcao could also tell us about the progress or such blocking things or whatever causes the delay of a new version. We are "on his side" and love his app  :) !

~sukmar
  •  

druki

Hello Arcao, if this is the reason (waiting for groundspeaks confirmation), please let us know. I think in this forum are some people who could demand a faster checking with an email to groundspeak ;-)
  •  

Leeds Tyke

I don't suppose Groundspeak will be in any rush to confirm that the app can be published. After all they have their own expensive app to sell!!
  •  

Menion

so news directly from Arcao: "Today or tomorrow, I'll send ready add-on for a review to Groundspeak", so now it will depend only on speed of Groundspeak review team ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

Thanks for the update menion!

•  

Leeds Tyke

Good news! Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  •  

novakmir

I am waiting.  Thx

MN
  •  

Mek

Great to know. Man, I hope they approve it :o
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

ferbricos

Deals with groundspeak are not favorable to final user. Until this moment, the service is working Well. The only worry is the need to login every time.

Thanks
  •