narrow main menu

Started by durian, March 07, 2013, 14:13:42

durian

Question,

The new main menu is very narrow on my screen (see screenshot). Is this adjustable somewhere?

-peter

•  

Menion

hello durian, finally someone (you're third who write about this problem) who will communicate and provide some more info. perfect :). So please, it's galaxy tab yes? You have still 2.3 Android and it has 1024 X 600 resolution right? Ah and also, screenshot is in landscape or portrait mode? And it's same in both? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

Hi,

The screenshot is lying on its side, it is in portrait mode. I will try landscape now (I never use landscape mode). Ah, there it is wider, about twice as wide, first 2 icons (Maps, Data), then under that Settings and Functions. All the text labels fit now. (I tried to make a screenshot, but it does not capture the menu, only the map, strange).

Yes, Android 2.3.3 (SDK version 10), galaxy tab, 1024x600 screen.

-peter
  •  

Menion

Peter, may you please test this test version? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .9.2.4.apk

I'm not able to find a problem so I'll need small help. Start this version, tap on menu and after that, simply close locus and in CatLog program (or any similar), save me a log. There will be some information about your device, that (I hope), helps me. Thank you

EDIT: hmm there are some problems with this version, so test delayed :)
  •  

durian

Okay, will do, after the delay :-)

-peter
  •  

Menion

fine .. second try .. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2930
  •  

Menion

thanks durian. Seems your device use quite weird settings (some Samsung improvements). I fortunately found some way on samsung pages, to work over internet with real device, so I was able to test Locus on real Galaxy tab and fix this problem. I'll be glad if you may confirm this in next version, but I'm sure it will work.
  •