search, route, guide questions

Started by Rob, March 31, 2011, 08:20:25

Rob

Hi all,
First of all:  I LOVE Locus! It´s an amazing tool. I use it for walking and hiking with Galaxy Tab and the "Bergfex" Map of Austria (the most detailed hiking map I know -and offline ! GREAT!).
I want to learn more "secrets" - so I have some quesitons:

1)  Searching: how can search for a city/village/Mountain in a map (not a POI -this I know) ?
2)  routing: I love this feature to plan a tour. I know how to create, it works fine. But how can I change a route AFTER finishing ?
3) Guide on Tour:  I do not understand how to use this feature. It sound´s when coming close the next point, that´s it ?  I assumed that it sounds if the direction I go is wrong - so it´s more an "alarm", but doesn´t "nerve" me all the time with "beeps" :-)

Hope you can help...
Thanks

regards
Rob
  •  

Rob

Hi,
can nobody help me ?
Are the questions not clear enough or is there any manual where I could have found the answers? I searched a lot, but could not find anything regarding these issues... (except last point Guiding beep blog)
Please....

thanks

kind regards
Rob
  •  

Menion

Hi Rob,
  be patient. That's too much topic for me so I cannot sit whole day and just answers :)

ok, so ...
1. there will be new search dialog in new version, anyway in old you can use (on map screen) Menu->Tools->Move map->Address
2. editing stored routes is not possible, you have to create new if you want to change something
3. yes this beeps when you're closer, but it will be also improved in new version (probably published today or tomorrow) - discussed here
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

thanks Menion, I did not want to push YOU :-)
These were questions to all, so I hoped getting answeres from anybody from Forum....
1) great! works perfect-
2) pitty, but ok.
3) Pls think about this guiding stuff, if MY idea would also be selectable. It would save power and nerves :-)
Nevertheless looking forward to new version, but even the actual one is the best in market!

Thanks and further good luck
krg Rob
  •  

Menion

yes, beeping when you have wrong direction is something I thought about it already. But I wanted to do some system that allow you know about direction and distance at once, but don't know how to do this. Two type of sound maybe?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

yeah, would be great. But with ability to switch either-or or both, right?   e.g. on-track: single beep long,    wrong-way: fast beeps,    or right-way: deep sound, wrong-one: high
Anyway.. looking forward...
krg Rob
  •  

Rob

with the new version the search feature is much more understandable and easier to access - GREAT!
Also the new Compass design is more clearly arranged.
Thanks Menion and further much success..
krg  Rob
  •