Beep once within x meters

Started by dibrial, March 16, 2011, 07:46:17

dibrial

I would like to see this function implemented in the Final 1.0 version.

Make Locus beep (once) when within X meters of a waypoint.

In this way I would save a lot of battery, because I don't have to look on the screen that much anymore.
The guiding now starts beeping from a long distance and get's annoying when hiking trough a quiet environment. e.g. Beep once when within 10 meters will do fine for me.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  this is I think third request on this topic this week :). I can promise that I'll do this right after 1.0 will be out. Why not now? Because this brings new testing, new settings, new translation! and I have almost everything prepared for final release ...

so next week in testing version ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dibrial

Hey Menion,

Any news on this topic?
  •  

Menion

ah sorry I forgot on it :) added now so test in next released version ...
  •  

marlar

I look forward to this too. Besides using battery power, it is also a bit annoying to listen to those beeps :-)

If it could start beeping only when withing a given distance, that would be great. In a perfect world, one could choose between beeping only once when you approach the point, or start the normal beep as implemented now when you approach the point.

Anyhow, either of these choices would be fine.
  •  

Menion

they are both available now ;)
  •  

kai-t

Hi menion,

thanks for this improvment. It works very nice and it is usable for me.
But i would wish that one can set up it the other way. So it only beep when leaving the path for x meters. Is this possible?
I try to explain this demand. As i often download tracks from the internet and import it in Locus this pathes have many way points and it beeps very often and is also anoying.
So if it only would beep when i loose the track i could look at the display and check where to go only if necessary because i lost the track.
I try to be a little bit more precise:
Under guiding i can set a distance for changing to the next waypoint. If this distance could be used and Locus would beep if the distance to a waypoint gets bigger than the given value this would be great.

Thanks very much for this amazing tool which really helped me alot ;-)

Best regards
Kai
  •  

Rob

Hi Kai,
fully agree with your suggestion - see also my blog under "Troubles & Questions: search, route, guide questions ..
There are also some good ideas from Menion mentioned.... have a look...

regards Rob
  •  

Menion

agree kai-t .. I'll look at it ;)
  •  

marlar

Very good idea actually. One could simply enjoy walking better if you don't have to constantly watch the phone. Of course, you should now and then make sure you are on the right track and that Locus is not crashed or something.

+1 !
  •  

kai-t

Yes you are absolutly right, it would ruin your day if android crashs and so you do not notice that you are totaly wrong ;-)

Thanks for the quick answer menion. I am looking forward for this new feature!

Thanks for this great tool!
Kai
  •  

Menion

oki, test and tell me something about new version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=424 ...

also please some English translation improvements should be welcome (if needed) :)
  •