[SOLVED] Some offline maps get blank

Started by Hyperplane, March 29, 2011, 16:37:38

Hyperplane

Hello

I think this mapping tool is very helpful. But I am experiencing a bug. I downloaded two maps for offline use. After powering my phone off and on, one offline map gets blank while the other
one shows up correctly. Both Maps were downloaded with Google Maps Classic and saved into a separate SQLite DB. The first error prone map covers Basel (Switzerland).

UPDATE:
This bug is reproducible on my phone. If I delete the map and download the map again the other previously correct map gets blank.

Hopefully this bug can be reproduced. Thanks for any help.

Phone:
HTC Incredible S Froyo 2.2.1 No SIM Card.
Locus:
v1.2.0
  •  

berkley

Did you choose different names for the offline maps?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Hyperplane

Hi berkley

Quote from: "berkley"Did you choose different names for the offline maps?

Yes, I did.

Regards
  •  

Menion

hmm don't know how this happen and also how to help. If you can say me location of download (map center coordinates) and map provider and ZOOMS that cause this issue on my phone also, I can fix this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Hyperplane

Quote from: "menion"If you can say me location of download (map center coordinates) and map provider and ZOOMS that cause this issue on my phone also, I can fix this.

It happens with any area independent of zoom levels. I have four different offline maps with different zoom levels here and I can use only one map at a time, the remaining ones are all blank. There is a fundamental problem here. Don't you have any test version of your App for debugging? Or do you need logs?

UPDATE & SOLUTION:

As soon as I press "Center Map" the individual map reappears. I thought this action would be done automatically as soon as I switch offline maps.  :roll:
OK, this step has solved it for me now. But why is it necessary to press "Center Map" each time?
  •  

Menion

hmm ok :) it's simple ... every map do not have defined area, so if you download map, it looks like map over whole world. So you have to move on map manually because I don't know if map is on place you're trying to show or now.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Hyperplane

Quote from: "menion"So you have to move on map manually because I don't know if map is on place you're trying to show or now.
You could just store the last position (Latitude,Longitude) of the corresponding offline map into a Hash map data structure (For example the keys are "Berlin", "Paris" etc. and their values are the positions). So when you switch maps you write the position of the current map and read the position of the map to be switched to. This information from the Hash map can be used to recenter the map automatically.

Otherwise a great program.
  •