Import kml file to Locus

Started by antcardoso, January 12, 2013, 01:55:49

antcardoso

Just bye this APP ...but  i cant import a KML made in google maps with some adresses to Locus points
It imports the adresses but only to the map and i must individualy associate to a categoria
What am i doing rong?

Sorry my english...
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  when you select file to import and confirm it, on next screen, you choose category where to import. On bottom is a checkbox "Only display (not import)" (button no. 7 on import dialog), so check if you have it checked

some more info here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... rt_dialog1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

antcardoso

When i import he dosent ask what category i like to import to.
The  information is 0 points import ... Bit after he show the map with >700 my adresses  
If i have a category can i import director to the category?
  •  

Menion

please try

- menu > function > import
- in "local file" part, tap on "load" and choose file
- you should now see "Import data" dialog as in manual I link above, do you see it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

antcardoso

Yes i see
I uncheck the options and click import and the information is import  0 points
And then the adresses show onde the map but no ask for what category i like to import to.
I can then manual and individual send to a category.
  •  

berkley

Have you already created a category?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

antcardoso

Quote from: "berkley"Have you already created a category?

Yes but i got import  0 points and show only in th e map and i goto indivial send to a category
  •  

berkley

do you want to share that file with us so we could do some testing?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

antcardoso

Quote from: "berkley"do you want to share that file with us so we could do some testing?
Yes here he goes ...
https://www.box.com/shared/2ltdu6bmhxxtzflqe7kv
  •  

berkley

So problem is quite simple. This kml file contains a network link. Locus acts correctly, because network links are intended to have only read-access  through the internet. So they can simply be maintained.
It's not possible to save them. This ain't even not possible in Google Earth on desktop. You need to find a way to export these points as a real kml file.

Go to Google maps, click on "my places" next to "get directions". Click the map you want to have. Click on "kml" button. This should work.

You can also use the Locus function "My Maps", which connects you to your google account and shows you your saved maps. Click on a map and choose "export", which is supposed to be "import". Now you can import your points directly to your specific category without the need of fiddling around with files.

And the last hint I can give to you: Get "Locus -addon Contacts" https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n.contacts
You can use it to display the adresses of your contacts on your device.

BTW, you can remove that link to your file now...  :!:
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

antcardoso

Problem solved ...
My KML file had already been done as you advise me but still did not work ...
but your advice to solve the module with my maps google maps solved all ...
never knew there were so many modules that had to be activated ... much more to learn and use ... a question I have is if you can change icons of all addresses at once

thanks for the help you gave to me...
  •