Setting/Guiding/Set next point ignored

Started by svartbjorn, March 25, 2011, 09:47:07

svartbjorn

I create a route. I set Settings/Guiding/Set next point = 100 meters. I enable guiding and the first point is selected. When setting "Set next point" = 100, the guiding is supposed to jump to the next point for guiding when I am within 100m of the current point. That doesn't happen. I have to get within 10m, and actually have to pass the current point by some few meters, before the guiding jump to the next point. Guiding from point to point would be very, very useful is it worked according to the "Set next point" specification, otherwise not because mostly you won't pass exactly through a point.
  •  

Menion

hi, compute if skip to next point is done by triangles. 100m limit only say if you pass around point in cca 100m, switch to next. It do not say, switch to next if you're closer then 100m. For me, this works fine but it need some discuss and testing and at finalle ... improvements :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

Pass around a point by 100m? Not sure what that means, but I also tried to pass a point at a distance of about 20m, and the guiding never jumped.

I am not asking about any accurate distance here, just need to have the guiding jump to next point when approaching a point. I also use this feature when flying, and then a "Set next point" in the order of km is necessary to make it useful.
  •  

Menion

oki, looks that describe my algorithm is little bit complicated. So let's start from begin. I actually created simple variant. Just when you reach distance to point on track, locus switch to next point. Also when you have enabled sounds, I added beep sound when point is switched to next. And we'll see how this simple variant will work.
  •  

svartbjorn

It doesn't work that way for me. It doesn't jump to next point when I am within the specified distance from the point. I actually have to pass through the point. Also, I do not get the sound, even though I have "Guiding sound" = enabled. I do get the guiding sound if I ask for guiding to one selected point, but no sound when passing points on a created route. There are no other switches to turn for the guiding , so it seems strange why it works for you and not for me. BTW, I have tried many times, and it is consistent.  I have "TIme between GPS locations" = 0. Hmmm, I hope we can make this work, because it is a really useful feature.
  •  

Menion

to my last post - "I actually created" mean that this is actually only in my testing version home. Yes you're correct, actual published algorithm set point as "passed" only when you walk through that point in max distance as you set. Anyway wait for new market or testing version. Then we should talk ...
  •  

marlar

Looking forward to this too. I made a test walk today and I couldn't make move to next point work at all. Even when it showed only 1 m to the point, it still didn't change to the next point.

Locus is really getting good thanks to your great efforts :-) I have rarely seen such an active developer!
  •